President, CEO and Chief Affordability Officer
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp.
Duane Highley joined the Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp. and the related Arkansas Electric Cooperatives Inc. in November 2011, shortly after the last Power List was published.
Both companies are on Arkansas Business’ annual list of the state’s largest private companies, and they provide electric generation and other services to the regional electric cooperatives around the state. Highley serves on the board of the Electric Power Research Institute and is vice chair of the Electric Subsector Coordinating Council.
He previously worked with cabinet-level administration officials on electric system reliability, security and resiliency. His efforts have led him to appear in testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate.
Arkansas Business Staff
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 1 day ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 6 days ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 1 day ago