President, CEO and Chief Affordability Officer
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp.
Duane Highley joined the Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp. and the related Arkansas Electric Cooperatives Inc. in November 2011, shortly after the last Power List was published.
Both companies are on Arkansas Business’ annual list of the state’s largest private companies, and they provide electric generation and other services to the regional electric cooperatives around the state. Highley serves on the board of the Electric Power Research Institute and is vice chair of the Electric Subsector Coordinating Council.
He previously worked with cabinet-level administration officials on electric system reliability, security and resiliency. His efforts have led him to appear in testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate.
Arkansas Business Staff
- John James Wants to Turn Old Post Office into Startup Hub
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- King Coal CEO Stephen Parks Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud 1 day ago
- Familiar Face Leads Bank of the Ozarks In Carolinas 4 days ago
- Tracy Morgan Settles Lawsuit with Wal-Mart Over Fatal Crash 1 day ago
- Arkansas Justices Reject New Arguments in Gay Marriage Case 8 hours ago
- Someone's Son Is Dead (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 4 days ago