Scott Bennett has been director of the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department since September 2011.
He began working full time for the department’s Planning & Research Division as a civil engineer in 1989 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. He has held a number of positions within the department, including assistant chief engineer for planning.
The department is in the early stages of a $1.8 billion project that will build a system of four-lane highways connecting all parts of the state. The Broadway Bridge in Little Rock and the Interstate 30 Bridge over the Arkansas River are to be replaced under the project, which is being funded by a voter-approved temporary half-cent sales tax.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- THV11 Adds Raven Richard to Weather Team 1 week ago
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M 3 days ago
- Rehab & Health Care Center Attracts $3.5M Transaction (Real Deals) 14 hours ago
- Consultant Allen Engstrom on the Biggest Mistake Small Businesses Should Avoid 14 hours ago
- 2 Banks Join Arkansas Business' Largest Private Companies List 14 hours ago