Scott Bennett has been director of the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department since September 2011.
He began working full time for the department’s Planning & Research Division as a civil engineer in 1989 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. He has held a number of positions within the department, including assistant chief engineer for planning.
The department is in the early stages of a $1.8 billion project that will build a system of four-lane highways connecting all parts of the state. The Broadway Bridge in Little Rock and the Interstate 30 Bridge over the Arkansas River are to be replaced under the project, which is being funded by a voter-approved temporary half-cent sales tax.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Dromborg Castle in Fayetteville for Sale — for $9.7M 2 days ago
- Hogs Get Slaughtered (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Media Gateway Emerges From Soul of the South 2 days ago
- Walton Family Foundation Gives $250M to Charters in Little Rock, 16 Other Cities 2 hours ago
- KARN Reporter Donna Kelley Dies at 66 1 day ago