Scott Bennett has been director of the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department since September 2011.
He began working full time for the department’s Planning & Research Division as a civil engineer in 1989 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. He has held a number of positions within the department, including assistant chief engineer for planning.
The department is in the early stages of a $1.8 billion project that will build a system of four-lane highways connecting all parts of the state. The Broadway Bridge in Little Rock and the Interstate 30 Bridge over the Arkansas River are to be replaced under the project, which is being funded by a voter-approved temporary half-cent sales tax.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood 14 hours ago
- Technological Innovations Bring Profitable Changes to the Fayetteville Shale 2 days ago
- South Arkansas Formation Proves Disappointing So Far 2 days ago
- Regions Bank Adds Wayland Wiggins to Roster 2 days ago
- Governor's Quality Awards Go to 28 Arkansas Organizations 14 hours ago