Scott Bennett has been director of the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department since September 2011.
He began working full time for the department’s Planning & Research Division as a civil engineer in 1989 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. He has held a number of positions within the department, including assistant chief engineer for planning.
The department is in the early stages of a $1.8 billion project that will build a system of four-lane highways connecting all parts of the state. The Broadway Bridge in Little Rock and the Interstate 30 Bridge over the Arkansas River are to be replaced under the project, which is being funded by a voter-approved temporary half-cent sales tax.
Arkansas Business Staff
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 20 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 20 hours ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 23 hours ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 5 days ago