Scott Bennett has been director of the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department since September 2011.
He began working full time for the department’s Planning & Research Division as a civil engineer in 1989 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. He has held a number of positions within the department, including assistant chief engineer for planning.
The department is in the early stages of a $1.8 billion project that will build a system of four-lane highways connecting all parts of the state. The Broadway Bridge in Little Rock and the Interstate 30 Bridge over the Arkansas River are to be replaced under the project, which is being funded by a voter-approved temporary half-cent sales tax.
Arkansas Business Staff
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Dr. Richard Johns Indicted in Conspiracy to Distribute Oxycodone 1 day ago
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 4 days ago
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M 1 day ago
- Appeal Court Upholds Decision to Toss K. Vaughn Knight Convictions 2 days ago
- Asa Hutchinson: Change Higher Education Funding Formula 2 days ago