Scott Bennett has been director of the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department since September 2011.
He began working full time for the department’s Planning & Research Division as a civil engineer in 1989 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. He has held a number of positions within the department, including assistant chief engineer for planning.
The department is in the early stages of a $1.8 billion project that will build a system of four-lane highways connecting all parts of the state. The Broadway Bridge in Little Rock and the Interstate 30 Bridge over the Arkansas River are to be replaced under the project, which is being funded by a voter-approved temporary half-cent sales tax.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference 8 hours ago
- Democrat-Gazette Cuts Include Columnists Fellone and Haymes 4 hours ago
- Rock Capital to Develop $16M-$17M Downtown Little Rock Hotel 4 days ago
- Just Because One Can ... (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Announces 5 More Tenants 11 hours ago