Scott Bennett has been director of the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department since September 2011.
He began working full time for the department’s Planning & Research Division as a civil engineer in 1989 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. He has held a number of positions within the department, including assistant chief engineer for planning.
The department is in the early stages of a $1.8 billion project that will build a system of four-lane highways connecting all parts of the state. The Broadway Bridge in Little Rock and the Interstate 30 Bridge over the Arkansas River are to be replaced under the project, which is being funded by a voter-approved temporary half-cent sales tax.
Arkansas Business Staff
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- St. Vincent West Attracts $14.1 Million Transaction (Real Deals) 9 hours ago
- Today's Bank Named Receiver for Undercapitalized Allied Bank 3 days ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 9 hours ago
- John Rogers Lakewood Mansion Sold for $1.3 Million 9 hours ago
- UAMS Cures RxResults' One-Sided Contract 9 hours ago