President Pro Tempore
Arkansas State Senate
State Sen. Michael Lamoureux, R-Russellville, served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 2004 to 2008 before being elected to the Arkansas Senate in a December 2009 special election to replace Republican Sen. Sharon Trusty.
He is an attorney and previously worked as a Yell County public defender and as a Logan County attorney ad litem. During his tenure as Senate president pro tem, the Legislature approved more than $140 million in tax cuts over a three-year period and the private option, a Medicaid expansion program to help low-income people buy private insurance plans.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 1 day ago
- Northwest Arkansas' Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 1 day ago
- In Retirement, Mike McFarland Swings for the Fences 1 day ago
- Asa Hutchinson III Arrested at Alabama Music Festival 14 hours ago
- Born Out of Acxiom, Ensono Aims to Expand in Mainframe Market 4 days ago