President Pro Tempore
Arkansas State Senate
State Sen. Michael Lamoureux, R-Russellville, served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 2004 to 2008 before being elected to the Arkansas Senate in a December 2009 special election to replace Republican Sen. Sharon Trusty.
He is an attorney and previously worked as a Yell County public defender and as a Logan County attorney ad litem. During his tenure as Senate president pro tem, the Legislature approved more than $140 million in tax cuts over a three-year period and the private option, a Medicaid expansion program to help low-income people buy private insurance plans.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 2 days ago
- Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016 6 hours ago
- Simmons First Unveils Plan to Move Pine Bluff Forward 23 hours ago
- Jury Convicts Oklahoma Man for Defrauding Broyles Foundation 8 hours ago
- Gary Rickenbach Offers Conditional Guilty Plea in One Bank Case 5 hours ago