President Pro Tempore
Arkansas State Senate
State Sen. Michael Lamoureux, R-Russellville, served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 2004 to 2008 before being elected to the Arkansas Senate in a December 2009 special election to replace Republican Sen. Sharon Trusty.
He is an attorney and previously worked as a Yell County public defender and as a Logan County attorney ad litem. During his tenure as Senate president pro tem, the Legislature approved more than $140 million in tax cuts over a three-year period and the private option, a Medicaid expansion program to help low-income people buy private insurance plans.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Acxiom Asks Gov. Hutchinson to Veto HB1228 1 day ago
- Little Rock Mayor Mark Stodola Urges Governor to Veto HB1228 18 hours ago
- Jonesboro Developer Bruce Burrow's Pyrrhic Victory 2 days ago
- Hutchinson Vetoes Publicity Rights Bill; Senate Override Fails 13 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson, Bob Ballinger Don't Seek Changes to #HB1228 22 hours ago