President Pro Tempore
Arkansas State Senate
State Sen. Michael Lamoureux, R-Russellville, served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 2004 to 2008 before being elected to the Arkansas Senate in a December 2009 special election to replace Republican Sen. Sharon Trusty.
He is an attorney and previously worked as a Yell County public defender and as a Logan County attorney ad litem. During his tenure as Senate president pro tem, the Legislature approved more than $140 million in tax cuts over a three-year period and the private option, a Medicaid expansion program to help low-income people buy private insurance plans.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Update: Tyson Foods' $4.2B AdvancePierre Deal 'About Growth' 24 hours ago
- Petit & Keet to Open May 18 21 hours ago
- Lawsuit a Low Note for Arvest Notary 2 days ago
- Higher Education Bubble Vexing for Arkansas Institutions 2 days ago
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization 2 days ago