President Pro Tempore
Arkansas State Senate
State Sen. Michael Lamoureux, R-Russellville, served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 2004 to 2008 before being elected to the Arkansas Senate in a December 2009 special election to replace Republican Sen. Sharon Trusty.
He is an attorney and previously worked as a Yell County public defender and as a Logan County attorney ad litem. During his tenure as Senate president pro tem, the Legislature approved more than $140 million in tax cuts over a three-year period and the private option, a Medicaid expansion program to help low-income people buy private insurance plans.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Lawmakers Decline to Approve Lottery Ad Contract 15 hours ago
- Magna IV Founder Gary Middleton Dies 1 day ago
- Machen Succeeds McFatridge as CEO of Bear State Financial 11 hours ago
- No Contract, No Conflict: Logic of a Lottery Ad Bid 3 days ago
- Hickingbotham Investments Buys Landers Harley-Davidson 18 hours ago