President Pro Tempore
Arkansas State Senate
State Sen. Michael Lamoureux, R-Russellville, served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 2004 to 2008 before being elected to the Arkansas Senate in a December 2009 special election to replace Republican Sen. Sharon Trusty.
He is an attorney and previously worked as a Yell County public defender and as a Logan County attorney ad litem. During his tenure as Senate president pro tem, the Legislature approved more than $140 million in tax cuts over a three-year period and the private option, a Medicaid expansion program to help low-income people buy private insurance plans.
Arkansas Business Staff
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- John Rogers Lakewood Mansion Sold for $1.3M 21 hours ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 21 hours ago
- Walnut Ridge Three Scheduled for Sentencing on Bank Fraud 21 hours ago
- Today's Bank Named Receiver for Undercapitalized Allied Bank 3 days ago
- St. Vincent West Attracts $14.1 Million Transaction (Real Deals) 21 hours ago