In September 2011, Michael Caplan joined KTHV 11 as president and general manager.
During his leadership with the Gannett-owned station, Caplan has overseen the rebranding of the CBS affiliate’s newscasts to the THV 11 identity. THV was the first station to bring high-definition newscasts to Arkansas. Caplan worked for nine years in South Carolina in various media roles such as group leader for two media outlets in South Carolina’s Myrtle Beach and Florence markets.
He was also general sales manager at KALB-TV, an NBC affiliate in Alexandria, Louisiana, and KTVE-TV, an NBC affiliate in the Monroe, Louisiana/El Dorado market.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Bank Documents Illuminate John Rogers' Dealings 11 hours ago
- Woodland Heights Sells In $13.9M Transaction (Real Deals) 11 hours ago
- Allied Bank Properties Put Up On the Block 11 hours ago
- Arkansas Supreme Court Punts on Gay Marriage (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 4 hours ago
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 1 week ago