In September 2011, Michael Caplan joined KTHV 11 as president and general manager.
During his leadership with the Gannett-owned station, Caplan has overseen the rebranding of the CBS affiliate’s newscasts to the THV 11 identity. THV was the first station to bring high-definition newscasts to Arkansas. Caplan worked for nine years in South Carolina in various media roles such as group leader for two media outlets in South Carolina’s Myrtle Beach and Florence markets.
He was also general sales manager at KALB-TV, an NBC affiliate in Alexandria, Louisiana, and KTVE-TV, an NBC affiliate in the Monroe, Louisiana/El Dorado market.
Arkansas Business Staff
- John James Wants to Turn Old Post Office into Startup Hub
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- King Coal CEO Stephen Parks Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud 21 hours ago
- Tracy Morgan Settles Lawsuit with Wal-Mart Over Fatal Crash 20 hours ago
- Someone's Son Is Dead (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Affordable Care Act Pushes Up Revenue for Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield 3 days ago
- Big Companies, Big Revenue: 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas Bring In $32.8B 3 days ago