Donnie Smith, a native of Tennessee, has led Tyson Foods, one of the world’s largest food producers, since 2009. He has experience in almost every aspect of the business, having started at Tyson in poultry operations in Tennessee and then moving to Tyson headquarters in Springdale to work as a commodity buyer. He became director of commodity purchasing in 1991 and proceeded to move up the ranks. Tyson is the third-largest employer in Arkansas with 23,000 workers in the state and revenue of $34.4 billion in 2013. Smith graduated from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville with a bachelor’s degree in animal science.
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Tuckerman Couple Give $650K to Stadium Project at A-State 23 hours ago
- Vestcom International to Move Headquarters to One Cantrell Building 1 day ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 2 days ago
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 3 days ago
- Arkansas Travel Agents Say: We're Still Flying High 3 days ago