Chris Sultemeier presides over Wal-Mart's private fleet of trucks, the second-largest private fleet in the U.S.
Sultemeier joined Wal-Mart in 1989. He previously was VP of the Corporate Traffic Department, where he was responsible for inbound transportation to Wal-Mart's distribution centers and stores.
As senior VP of transportation, Sultemeier oversees all Wal-Mart domestic transportation in addition to its private trucking fleet. In this role, he has worked to improve the fuel efficiency of the retailer's vehicles. Sultemeier, a West Point graduate and licensed engineer, is the chairman of the Retail Industry Leaders Association Transportation Committee and committee chairman of the Arkansas Governor’s Yellow Ribbon Task Force.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- #ARWX: Sleet Starts in Northwest Arkansas as Winter Storm Arrives 2 hours ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 2 days ago
- Arkansas Best to Close 30 Service Terminals 10 hours ago
- Greenbrier Space Balloon Launchers Among Innovation Center's Targeted Users 8 hours ago
- Mike Beebe to Farm Bureau: 'Good People' Should Seek Office, Farmers Needed More Than Ever 1 day ago