Chris Sultemeier presides over Wal-Mart's private fleet of trucks, the second-largest private fleet in the U.S.
Sultemeier joined Wal-Mart in 1989. He previously was VP of the Corporate Traffic Department, where he was responsible for inbound transportation to Wal-Mart's distribution centers and stores.
As senior VP of transportation, Sultemeier oversees all Wal-Mart domestic transportation in addition to its private trucking fleet. In this role, he has worked to improve the fuel efficiency of the retailer's vehicles. Sultemeier, a West Point graduate and licensed engineer, is the chairman of the Retail Industry Leaders Association Transportation Committee and committee chairman of the Arkansas Governor’s Yellow Ribbon Task Force.
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Coming to You Live from 1 Shackleford Drive 2 days ago
- South Carolina Firm Buys Bowman Shopping Centers for $7.1M 10 hours ago
- An Arkansas Solution to a National Problem (Davy Carter Commentary) 2 days ago
- Public Relations Executive Bob Sells Dies at 84 11 hours ago
- Ten Commandments Monument Installed at Arkansas Capitol 11 hours ago