Steve Williams founded the privately held Maverick Transportation in 1980 and is chairman and CEO. The Maverick companies — consisting of Maverick Transportation, Maverick Logistics and Maverick Leasing — now employ 1,500 workers and operate more than 1,200 tractors serving the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Williams sits on the board of the Arkansas Trucking Association, served three terms as chairman of the Arkansas Trucking Association and was chairman of the American Trucking Associations in 2005. Williams also has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies and is currently chairman of the American Transportation Research Institute.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Obamacare Hit by Ruling, but Subsidies to Continue 7 hours ago
- Arkansas Law Grads Still Finding Tight Market 2 days ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 2 days ago
- Top Brands Fuel Tyson's Biggest Play 2 days ago
- UCA Names Kelley Erstine Chief of Staff 9 hours ago