Steve Williams founded the privately held Maverick Transportation in 1980 and is chairman and CEO. The Maverick companies — consisting of Maverick Transportation, Maverick Logistics and Maverick Leasing — now employ 1,500 workers and operate more than 1,200 tractors serving the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Williams sits on the board of the Arkansas Trucking Association, served three terms as chairman of the Arkansas Trucking Association and was chairman of the American Trucking Associations in 2005. Williams also has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies and is currently chairman of the American Transportation Research Institute.
- YRC CEO is Done Talking About That ABF Freight Takeover Offer
- More Trouble at David Henry's Plaza Towers
- Arkansas Times: Sources Say Martha Shoffner Source Is Steele Stephens
- Mike Duke Among Top 50 Highest-Paid CEOs As Ranked by AP 3 hours ago
- Update: Intruder Arrested at Arkansas Governor's Mansion 4 hours ago
- Majestic Hotel in Hot Springs for Sale 7 hours ago
- Historic Fort Smith Building to Be Renovated 7 hours ago
- Riggs Tractor Rolls With Rental Trend 4 days ago