Steve Williams founded the privately held Maverick Transportation in 1980 and is chairman and CEO. The Maverick companies — consisting of Maverick Transportation, Maverick Logistics and Maverick Leasing — now employ 1,500 workers and operate more than 1,200 tractors serving the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Williams sits on the board of the Arkansas Trucking Association, served three terms as chairman of the Arkansas Trucking Association and was chairman of the American Trucking Associations in 2005. Williams also has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies and is currently chairman of the American Transportation Research Institute.
- Report: Wal-Mart CFO Claims 'Very Good Sales' Lately
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Securities Department Goes After Firm That Did Business With Martha Shoffner's Office 10 hours ago
- 6 Arkansas Banks Lost Money in 2013 8 hours ago
- Martha Shoffner Defense Rests Without Calling Witnesses 3 hours ago
- Acumen's Goal: To Own the Southern Lifestyle Marketplace 2 days ago
- Steele Stephens: Gave Payments, Received $2.5M in State Commissions 1 day ago