Steve Williams founded the privately held Maverick Transportation in 1980 and is chairman and CEO. The Maverick companies — consisting of Maverick Transportation, Maverick Logistics and Maverick Leasing — now employ 1,500 workers and operate more than 1,200 tractors serving the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Williams sits on the board of the Arkansas Trucking Association, served three terms as chairman of the Arkansas Trucking Association and was chairman of the American Trucking Associations in 2005. Williams also has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies and is currently chairman of the American Transportation Research Institute.
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 3 days ago
- Speaking at Farm Bureau Forum, Tom Cotton Defends 'No' Vote On Farm Bill 21 hours ago
- Robin Bowen Elected as Arkansas Tech's Next President 23 hours ago
- APEI Gets $3.5M Contract to Develop Fighter Jet Power Modules 3 hours ago
- Attorney-Client Privilege and Work Product (Amy Lee Stewart Commentary) 3 days ago