Steve Williams founded the privately held Maverick Transportation in 1980 and is chairman and CEO. The Maverick companies — consisting of Maverick Transportation, Maverick Logistics and Maverick Leasing — now employ 1,500 workers and operate more than 1,200 tractors serving the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Williams sits on the board of the Arkansas Trucking Association, served three terms as chairman of the Arkansas Trucking Association and was chairman of the American Trucking Associations in 2005. Williams also has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies and is currently chairman of the American Transportation Research Institute.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Central Arkansas Medical Centers Collaborate, Compete in Tight Health Care Market 3 hours ago
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 3 hours ago
- Slim Chickens' Goal: By 2025, 600 Outlets 3 hours ago
- Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson Rides Up High in His Super Truck 6 years ago
- Debate Might Not Change Arkansas Senate Race (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 10 hours ago