Joe David Rice
Tourism in Arkansas has become one of the state's biggest industries under the leadership of tourism director Joe David Rice. In 2010, about 22.8 million visitors to the Natural State spent $5.4 billion.
Rice has been tourism director since 1987. He is past chair of the National Council of State Tourism Directors and was inducted into the Arkansas Hospitality Association's Hall of Fame in mid-2008.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- With Rollin' Smoke, Arkansas Natives Rock BBQ World in Las Vegas 2 days ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 1 year ago
- Phoenix Village, State's First Mall, Hits Hard Times 8 years ago
- Red Beauty Lounge Debuts in Heights 2 days ago