Joe David Rice
Tourism in Arkansas has become one of the state's biggest industries under the leadership of tourism director Joe David Rice. In 2010, about 22.8 million visitors to the Natural State spent $5.4 billion.
Rice has been tourism director since 1987. He is past chair of the National Council of State Tourism Directors and was inducted into the Arkansas Hospitality Association's Hall of Fame in mid-2008.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- #ARWX: Forecasters Upgrade Parts of Arkansas to Winter Warning 10 mins ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 2 days ago
- Arkansas Best to Close 30 Service Terminals 4 hours ago
- Mike Beebe to Farm Bureau: 'Good People' Should Seek Office, Farmers Needed More Than Ever 21 hours ago
- Report: States More Lax Than Feds on Judge Rules 1 day ago