When the Arkansas Science & Technology Authority was established by statute in 1983, John Ahlen was named president. Twenty-eight years later, he's still there.
ASTA coordinates math and science education efforts for the Governor’s Workforce Cabinet and manages more than $15 million annually in job-creating research and development projects, including two state-federal technology partnerships with the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Standards & Technology.
Ahlen is also a member of Accelerate Arkansas, a nonprofit promoting economic growth in Arkansas.
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Mark Pryor Takes Job with Venable 14 hours ago
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 2 days ago
- Yellow Rocket Partners Aim to Build Restaurant Brands 2 days ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 1 day ago
- Franchises Still Rule the Roost of Top Restaurants in the State by Receipts 2 days ago