When the Arkansas Science & Technology Authority was established by statute in 1983, John Ahlen was named president. Twenty-eight years later, he's still there.
ASTA coordinates math and science education efforts for the Governor’s Workforce Cabinet and manages more than $15 million annually in job-creating research and development projects, including two state-federal technology partnerships with the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Standards & Technology.
Ahlen is also a member of Accelerate Arkansas, a nonprofit promoting economic growth in Arkansas.
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Report: US Truckers Generated Record $700B in Revenue Last Year
- Acxiom Corp. Sells IT Business for $190M, Previews 4Q Earnings 2 days ago
- Update: Little Rock Clinic, Pharmacy Raided in Prescription Drug Crackdown 2 days ago
- J.B. Hunt Plans 7-Story Office Tower at HQ 17 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson Proposes $87M Bond Package for Lockheed Martin 19 hours ago
- Kohl's Store Rings Up $9 Million Transaction (Real Deals) 4 days ago