When the Arkansas Science & Technology Authority was established by statute in 1983, John Ahlen was named president. Twenty-eight years later, he's still there.
ASTA coordinates math and science education efforts for the Governor’s Workforce Cabinet and manages more than $15 million annually in job-creating research and development projects, including two state-federal technology partnerships with the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Standards & Technology.
Ahlen is also a member of Accelerate Arkansas, a nonprofit promoting economic growth in Arkansas.
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Northwest Arkansas' Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 2 days ago
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 2 days ago
- Trial Set for June 1 for Former One Bank Execs 2 days ago
- Iron Yard Closing Little Rock Campus 4 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson III Arrested at Alabama Music Festival 18 hours ago