When the Arkansas Science & Technology Authority was established by statute in 1983, John Ahlen was named president. Twenty-eight years later, he's still there.
ASTA coordinates math and science education efforts for the Governor’s Workforce Cabinet and manages more than $15 million annually in job-creating research and development projects, including two state-federal technology partnerships with the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Standards & Technology.
Ahlen is also a member of Accelerate Arkansas, a nonprofit promoting economic growth in Arkansas.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- With Dazzling Gem, Steve Landers Sr. Stays In the Running 2 days ago
- Soul of the South Investors Battle over KMYA License 2 days ago
- Arkansas Convention Center Troubles Dog Texarkana Investor 2 days ago
- Structural Failure (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Asa Hutchinson's Top Aide Departing at End of Month 1 day ago