When the Arkansas Science & Technology Authority was established by statute in 1983, John Ahlen was named president. Twenty-eight years later, he's still there.
ASTA coordinates math and science education efforts for the Governor’s Workforce Cabinet and manages more than $15 million annually in job-creating research and development projects, including two state-federal technology partnerships with the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Standards & Technology.
Ahlen is also a member of Accelerate Arkansas, a nonprofit promoting economic growth in Arkansas.
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Prep Continues as David's Burgers Flips River Market Location 1 day ago
- Aircraft Interior Solutions Awaits FAA Review of Innovative Seat 1 day ago
- AEDC Names Jeff Moore Director of Marketing, Communications 15 hours ago
- Red Roof Inn Sale Tops $2.8 Million (Real Deals) 1 day ago
- ABC Approves First Package Permits for Saline County Liquor Stores 1 day ago