After the sale of Alltel Corp. to Verizon Wireless was completed in early 2009, Steve Smith was named president of the company's four-state south-central region. Smith is responsible for operations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, northern Mississippi and western Tennessee.
Smith has more than 18 years of experience in the wireless industry and has held several leadership roles at Verizon Wireless, including as a director for international strategic planning, vice president of transition planning and staff vice president for strategic and financial planning.
He serves on several boards, including the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce.
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Asa Hutchinson Announces Senior Staff Hires 1 day ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 2 days ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post 4 hours ago
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer 7 hours ago
- US Attorney Files to Dismiss Mail Fraud Charges Against Martha Shoffner 3 hours ago