After the sale of Alltel Corp. to Verizon Wireless was completed in early 2009, Steve Smith was named president of the company's four-state south-central region. Smith is responsible for operations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, northern Mississippi and western Tennessee.
Smith has more than 18 years of experience in the wireless industry and has held several leadership roles at Verizon Wireless, including as a director for international strategic planning, vice president of transition planning and staff vice president for strategic and financial planning.
He serves on several boards, including the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- #ARWX: 37,000 Without Power; Flights Canceled at LIT, XNA 26 mins ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 3 days ago
- Stratton's Market Growing In Both Size and Offerings 4 days ago
- Arkansas Best to Close 30 Service Terminals 1 day ago
- Greenbrier Space Balloon Launchers Among Innovation Center's Targeted Users 1 day ago