After the sale of Alltel Corp. to Verizon Wireless was completed in early 2009, Steve Smith was named president of the company's four-state south-central region. Smith is responsible for operations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, northern Mississippi and western Tennessee.
Smith has more than 18 years of experience in the wireless industry and has held several leadership roles at Verizon Wireless, including as a director for international strategic planning, vice president of transition planning and staff vice president for strategic and financial planning.
He serves on several boards, including the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce.
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Little Rock Law Firm Loses Money in Forgery Scam 3 days ago
- No Time Like The Present (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Opposition Led by Tom Cotton Takes Aim at Criminal Justice Overhaul 22 hours ago
- Developers Plan Staybridge Suites for Midtown Little Rock 2 days ago
- What the Changees Think (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 3 days ago