After the sale of Alltel Corp. to Verizon Wireless was completed in early 2009, Steve Smith was named president of the company's four-state south-central region. Smith is responsible for operations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, northern Mississippi and western Tennessee.
Smith has more than 18 years of experience in the wireless industry and has held several leadership roles at Verizon Wireless, including as a director for international strategic planning, vice president of transition planning and staff vice president for strategic and financial planning.
He serves on several boards, including the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce.
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Entergy Breaks Ground on New $23M Center in Little Rock 2 weeks ago
- Brandon Barber Faces Bond Revocation, Jail For Violating Pretrial Release Terms 1 year ago
- Tyson CEO Donnie Smith: Hillshire Opens Door to More Growth 4 days ago
- El Dorado Chemical Co. to Build $120M Plant, Resume Existing Operations 2 years ago