After the sale of Alltel Corp. to Verizon Wireless was completed in early 2009, Steve Smith was named president of the company's four-state south-central region. Smith is responsible for operations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, northern Mississippi and western Tennessee.
Smith has more than 18 years of experience in the wireless industry and has held several leadership roles at Verizon Wireless, including as a director for international strategic planning, vice president of transition planning and staff vice president for strategic and financial planning.
He serves on several boards, including the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce.
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- Democrat-Gazette Cuts Include Columnists Fellone and Haymes 18 hours ago
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference 22 hours ago
- Just Because One Can ... (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Dillard's Same-Store Sales, Earnings Decline For 4Q, Fiscal Year 1 day ago
- Rock Capital to Develop $16M-$17M Downtown Little Rock Hotel 5 days ago