After the sale of Alltel Corp. to Verizon Wireless was completed in early 2009, Steve Smith was named president of the company's four-state south-central region. Smith is responsible for operations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, northern Mississippi and western Tennessee.
Smith has more than 18 years of experience in the wireless industry and has held several leadership roles at Verizon Wireless, including as a director for international strategic planning, vice president of transition planning and staff vice president for strategic and financial planning.
He serves on several boards, including the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce.
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Tom Dalton: ARK Challenge Will Continue
- Cache Chef Payne Harding Apologizes After Protestors Hit With Water
- Update: Judge Sentences Martha Shoffner to 30 Months in Prison 14 hours ago
- Receiver Seeks Another Contempt of Court Ruling Against John Rogers 2 days ago
- A Proud Moment for Our State: The Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame 17 hours ago
- Arkansas Officials Again Suspend Medicaid Cancellations 14 hours ago
- At the Martha Shoffner Sentencing, Questions Over 'Benefit,' Jurisdiction 14 hours ago