Roger Collins started with Harps Food Stores Inc. in 1986 as vice president of finance and chief financial officer. He grew up in west Texas and practiced as a CPA in public accounting for four years before moving to Arkansas.
In 1995, Collins was promoted to executive vice president and to president and CEO in 2000. He has served on both the boards and executive committees of the National Cooperative Bank, the National Grocers Association and Associated Wholesale Grocers.
For the fiscal year that ended Aug. 30, 2013, Harps reported $571 million in revenue, up 5.7 percent from the previous year. Harps has 73 stores in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Aircraft Interior Solutions Awaits FAA Review of Innovative Seat 1 day ago
- Hot Springs Condo Fray Entering Ninth Year 1 day ago
- Prep Continues as David's Burgers Flips River Market Location 1 day ago
- AEDC Names Jeff Moore Director of Marketing, Communications 22 hours ago
- New Dean Pope Moseley Sees Early Success at UAMS 1 day ago