Roger Collins started with Harps Food Stores Inc. in 1986 as vice president of finance and chief financial officer. He grew up in west Texas and practiced as a CPA in public accounting for four years before moving to Arkansas.
In 1995, Collins was promoted to executive vice president and to president and CEO in 2000. He has served on both the boards and executive committees of the National Cooperative Bank, the National Grocers Association and Associated Wholesale Grocers.
For the fiscal year that ended Aug. 30, 2013, Harps reported $571 million in revenue, up 5.7 percent from the previous year. Harps has 73 stores in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 5 days ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 17 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 14 hours ago