Roger Collins started with Harps Food Stores Inc. in 1986 as vice president of finance and chief financial officer. He grew up in west Texas and practiced as a CPA in public accounting for four years before moving to Arkansas.
In 1995, Collins was promoted to executive vice president and to president and CEO in 2000. He has served on both the boards and executive committees of the National Cooperative Bank, the National Grocers Association and Associated Wholesale Grocers.
For the fiscal year that ended Aug. 30, 2013, Harps reported $571 million in revenue, up 5.7 percent from the previous year. Harps has 73 stores in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Sager Sells Allens Properties to Jim Bob Duggar 2 days ago
- Murphy Oil Sells 30 Percent of Malaysia Assets for $2B 16 hours ago
- Here's How You Can Get Into Warren Stephens' Exclusive Alotian Club 1 year ago
- Otter Creek Mall Development Decades in the Making 2 days ago
- If Arkansas Goes Wet, ABC Has Plan 2 days ago