Roger Collins started with Harps Food Stores Inc. in 1986 as vice president of finance and chief financial officer. He grew up in west Texas and practiced as a CPA in public accounting for four years before moving to Arkansas.
In 1995, Collins was promoted to executive vice president and to president and CEO in 2000. He has served on both the boards and executive committees of the National Cooperative Bank, the National Grocers Association and Associated Wholesale Grocers.
For the fiscal year that ended Aug. 30, 2013, Harps reported $571 million in revenue, up 5.7 percent from the previous year. Harps has 73 stores in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- The Influencers: Darrin Williams of Southern Bancorp 5 days ago
- Dave & Buster's Property Sold for $8.1 Million 5 days ago
- Arkansas Unemployment Drops to Record 3.7 Percent in February 14 hours ago
- Arkansas Senate Exempts College Sporting Events from Concealed Carry Law 1 day ago
- Murphy Chief Roger Jenkins' Pay for 2016 Falls 40 Percent 13 hours ago