Roger Collins started with Harps Food Stores Inc. in 1986 as vice president of finance and chief financial officer. He grew up in west Texas and practiced as a CPA in public accounting for four years before moving to Arkansas.
In 1995, Collins was promoted to executive vice president and to president and CEO in 2000. He has served on both the boards and executive committees of the National Cooperative Bank, the National Grocers Association and Associated Wholesale Grocers.
For the fiscal year that ended Aug. 30, 2013, Harps reported $571 million in revenue, up 5.7 percent from the previous year. Harps has 73 stores in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- 25 Years After the Arkansas Gazette's Closing, Veterans Consider Consequences 13 hours ago
- Charles Morgan Sues Partner in Lotus Auto Deal 13 hours ago
- Madison Health & Rehab Draws $4M Transaction (Real Deals) 13 hours ago
- Scott Reed Faces New Foreclosure Over K Lofts 13 hours ago
- Property, Cash Included in One Bank's Settlement with BHL 13 hours ago