S. Robson Walton
Rob Walton is the eldest son of Sam Walton, founder of Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer.
In 1969 he joined Wal-Mart and has been senior vice president, secretary and general counsel and vice chairman. He was named chairman of the board of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in 1992 after his father died. He is a trustee at the College of Wooster and is a graduate of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and of the Columbia University School of Law.
In 2013, Forbes listed Walton as the 11th-richest person in the world. His net worth was $34.2 billion as of March 3.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Windstream to Spin Off Some Assets into Publicly Traded REIT 7 hours ago
- Crystal Bridges Names New Curators 24 hours ago
- Warren Stephens Bets on Britain's Bathstore 2 days ago
- For First Time, Jimmy Dean Moves Beyond Breakfast 4 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 2 days ago