S. Robson Walton
Rob Walton is the eldest son of Sam Walton, founder of Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer.
In 1969 he joined Wal-Mart and has been senior vice president, secretary and general counsel and vice chairman. He was named chairman of the board of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in 1992 after his father died. He is a trustee at the College of Wooster and is a graduate of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and of the Columbia University School of Law.
In 2013, Forbes listed Walton as the 11th-richest person in the world. His net worth was $34.2 billion as of March 3.
Arkansas Business Staff
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- West Little Rock Retail Rings Up $4.5M Purchase (Real Deals) 10 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- The Best & Worst of 2014 10 hours ago
- Jeff Gardner Forfeited Windstream Shares in Resignation 10 hours ago
- Uncertainty Surrounds Gay Marriage Case (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 3 hours ago