S. Robson Walton
Rob Walton is the eldest son of Sam Walton, founder of Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer.
In 1969 he joined Wal-Mart and has been senior vice president, secretary and general counsel and vice chairman. He was named chairman of the board of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in 1992 after his father died. He is a trustee at the College of Wooster and is a graduate of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and of the Columbia University School of Law.
In 2013, Forbes listed Walton as the 11th-richest person in the world. His net worth was $34.2 billion as of March 3.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- In Arkansas, Rural Hospitals Fight to Recruit Doctors 2 days ago
- UALR Offers Sneak Peek at Virtual Reality 2 days ago
- Hilton Garden Inn To Keep Reservation in Little Rock 2 days ago
- The Language of Customer Service (Craig Douglass On Consumers) 2 days ago
- FAA Proposes $2M Fine Against Chicago Drone Operator 14 hours ago