S. Robson Walton
Rob Walton is the eldest son of Sam Walton, founder of Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer.
In 1969 he joined Wal-Mart and has been senior vice president, secretary and general counsel and vice chairman. He was named chairman of the board of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in 1992 after his father died. He is a trustee at the College of Wooster and is a graduate of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and of the Columbia University School of Law.
In 2013, Forbes listed Walton as the 11th-richest person in the world. His net worth was $34.2 billion as of March 3.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Tandem Self-Storage Sales Combine for $5.2 Million (Real Deals) 12 hours ago
- ‘Colorado Craftsman' Project Enters Little Rock Market 12 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Launches New Front in US Price War; Targets Aldi in Grocery Aisle 4 hours ago
- Ridout Lumber Sold to Illinois Distributor 12 hours ago
- In Northwest Arkansas, Health Care Industry Building On the Boom 12 hours ago