John Flake established a reputation as a deal-making maven on the business and political fronts during the 1980s. The pinnacle of his development achievements remains the tallest building in Arkansas, the 40-story Metropolitan National Bank Building.
The sometimes controversial Flake, brother of Dickson, drew his share of financial lumps from the real estate meltdown. Adjustments included returning an Oklahoma City mall, part of a reported $400 million investment, back to the lender.
- Video: 'Arkansas Week' & the Arkansas Business Week in Review
- Mixed Expectations Ahead of Wal-Mart's 1Q Earnings
- Banks Ask Fed to Watch Wal-Mart's Financial Services More Closely
- State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Arrested for Extortion by FBI 1 day ago
- Update: Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner Remains in Pulaski County Jail 5 hours ago
- Arkansas State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Targeted in Criminal Probe 4 months ago
- Troy Duke, L.R. Gardner Plan to Buy Bank of Rison 3 days ago
- At Annual Meeting, Dillard's Mulls What to Do With Cash 2 days ago