John Flake established a reputation as a deal-making maven on the business and political fronts during the 1980s. The pinnacle of his development achievements remains the tallest building in Arkansas, the 40-story Metropolitan National Bank Building.
The sometimes controversial Flake, brother of Dickson, drew his share of financial lumps from the real estate meltdown. Adjustments included returning an Oklahoma City mall, part of a reported $400 million investment, back to the lender.
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Wal-Mart Buys Yumprint of Seattle
- Commission Investigates Judge Mike Maggio's Web Postings 2 days ago
- Steele Stephens: Martha Shoffner Took $6K at Arkansas Capitol 1 day ago
- Windstream Compensation: Down For Jeff Gardner, Up For Other Execs 21 hours ago
- Underground Tunnels Challenge Hot Springs Engineers from Past to Present 4 weeks ago
- George's Inc. Recalls 29,200 Pounds of Chicken 21 hours ago