Buddy Philpot has worked for the Walton family since 1987, serving as president of Arvest Bank in Springdale until becoming executive director of the Walton Family Foundation in 2001. The Walton Family Foundation is the largest nonprofit in Arkansas, with assets of $2.3 billion as of the end of 2009.
It focuses on K-12 education reform, conservation of marine and freshwater environments, economic development in the Delta region of Arkansas and Mississippi and a number of programs in northwest Arkansas. In 2009, the foundation made grants and other donations of more than $378 million.
- Questions About Martha Shoffner's Arrest That Should Be Answered Monday
- Video: 'Arkansas Week' & the Arkansas Business Week in Review
- Mixed Expectations Ahead of Wal-Mart's 1Q Earnings
- Update: Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner Remains in Pulaski County Jail 1 hour ago
- State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Arrested for Extortion by FBI 2 days ago
- Texarkana's Truman Arnold Cos. Off Largest Private Companies List After Execs Move to Dallas 8 hours ago
- Houston Company Forecloses on $5M Valley Falls Property 8 hours ago
- Troy Duke, L.R. Gardner Plan to Buy Bank of Rison 3 days ago