Buddy Philpot has worked for the Walton family since 1987, serving as president of Arvest Bank in Springdale until becoming executive director of the Walton Family Foundation in 2001. The Walton Family Foundation is the largest nonprofit in Arkansas, with assets of $2.3 billion as of the end of 2009.
It focuses on K-12 education reform, conservation of marine and freshwater environments, economic development in the Delta region of Arkansas and Mississippi and a number of programs in northwest Arkansas. In 2009, the foundation made grants and other donations of more than $378 million.
- Report: Wal-Mart CFO Claims 'Very Good Sales' Lately
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Federal Jury Finds Martha Shoffner Guilty of Bribery, Extortion 23 hours ago
- CJRW Takes On Changes in Marketing Industry 3 days ago
- IberiaBank Keeps Adding Acquisitions 3 days ago
- Securities Department Goes After Firm That Did Business With Martha Shoffner's Office 1 day ago
- 6 Arkansas Banks Lost Money in 2013 1 day ago