Buddy Philpot has worked for the Walton family since 1987, serving as president of Arvest Bank in Springdale until becoming executive director of the Walton Family Foundation in 2001. The Walton Family Foundation is the largest nonprofit in Arkansas, with assets of $2.3 billion as of the end of 2009.
It focuses on K-12 education reform, conservation of marine and freshwater environments, economic development in the Delta region of Arkansas and Mississippi and a number of programs in northwest Arkansas. In 2009, the foundation made grants and other donations of more than $378 million.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 5 hours ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 24 hours ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 21 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 4 days ago
- Federal Disaster Declarations Made for 10 Counties 20 hours ago