President and CEO
Northwest Arkansas Community Foundation
Anita Scism heads the Northwest Arkansas Community Foundation, which comprises more than 100 funds, including its largest fund, the Care Foundation. The Care Foundation is a supporting organization for the Northwest Arkansas Community Foundation. Before joining the foundation in December 2008, Scism had been president and CEO of the Walton Arts Center in Fayetteville.
Since 1999 the Northwest Arkansas Community Foundation has invested more than $60 million in the region, Scism said. Grants are made to local agencies, with the focus on health, human services, education, public and social initiatives and arts and culture.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Home BancShares Eyes Another Florida Bank, Expects More Acquisitions 14 hours ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 9 months ago
- Shoe Company Munro Laying Off 56 in Hot Springs 15 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Jumps Into the Money Transfer Business, Loudly 10 hours ago
- Attorney General Rejects Wording of Proposal to Make Alcohol Sales Legal Througout Arkansas 11 hours ago