The Share Foundation, primarily an operating foundation, seeks to improve the health and well-being of the people in south Arkansas. Its creation, in 1996, arose out of an agreement between the Medical Center of South Arkansas and what is now Community Health Systems. Share had assets of $68.5 million as of Dec. 31, 2009. Its programs include hospice care; chaplaincy services to the Medical Center of South Arkansas; the Pride Youth Programs, which work toward the development of healthy, drug-free youth; and a medical clinic that serves low-income patients.
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 2 days ago
- Cameron Smith, Karen Fetzer Named Top Executives at Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 10 hours ago
- Book Excerpt: Charles Morgan on Jeff Ubben, Acxiom's Battle With ValueAct 6 hours ago
- No Thanks! Companies Reject 'Shark Tank' Deals, Still Thrive 1 day ago
- Meet the Finalists of the 27th Annual Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 1 day ago