Alice Walton, only daughter of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton and his wife, Helen, finally saw the museum she founded open on Nov. 11, 2011, to almost universal acclaim. The museum is the second-largest nonprofit in Arkansas, behind only the Walton Family Foundation, with assets of almost $1.2 billion as of the end of 2012. Since that latest IRS report, however, the museum has announced a number of acquisitions that likely push its assets far higher.
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 2 days ago
- Cameron Smith, Karen Fetzer Named Top Executives at Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 6 hours ago
- No Thanks! Companies Reject 'Shark Tank' Deals, Still Thrive 1 day ago
- Meet the Finalists of the 27th Annual Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 24 hours ago
- Marcus Devine Named New Director for Division of Youth Services 1 day ago