Chairman of the Board
Ross Whipple, chairman and CEO of Summit Bancorp Inc. of Arkadelphia, has also been working with the Ross Foundation since 1976. He was president from 1984-99 and has been chairman since 1999. The foundation, with assets of almost $88.7 million at the end of 2009, owns and manages land for conservation and charitable purposes.
One of the latest and highest-profile projects is the Arkadelphia Promise Scholarship, funded by the Ross Foundation and Southern Bancorp. The scholarship, for current seniors and future graduates of Arkadelphia High School who are eligible for Arkansas lottery-funded scholarships, pays the balance of those students' college tuition and fees.
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Little Rock Tech Park Announces First Tenants 20 hours ago
- Arkansas Scholarship Lottery Picks CJRW for $34.5M Contract 18 hours ago
- PACE Expands Improvement District Model 2 days ago
- Tax Credits Help Little Rock Company Raise $1.25M for Movies 2 days ago
- PACE Financing Allows Aldersgate Apartments To Put Costs on Tax Bill 2 days ago