Chairman of the Board
Ross Whipple, chairman and CEO of Summit Bancorp Inc. of Arkadelphia, has also been working with the Ross Foundation since 1976. He was president from 1984-99 and has been chairman since 1999. The foundation, with assets of almost $88.7 million at the end of 2009, owns and manages land for conservation and charitable purposes.
One of the latest and highest-profile projects is the Arkadelphia Promise Scholarship, funded by the Ross Foundation and Southern Bancorp. The scholarship, for current seniors and future graduates of Arkadelphia High School who are eligible for Arkansas lottery-funded scholarships, pays the balance of those students' college tuition and fees.
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 1 day ago
- Meet the Finalists of the 27th Annual Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 5 hours ago
- Outlets at Little Rock to Mark Grand Opening on Oct. 16 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Talks Workers, Customers, Critics 10 hours ago
- Judge Dismisses Nucor's Federal Lawsuit Against Big River Steel 1 day ago