Southern Bancorp Inc.
With the retirement earlier this year of Phil Baldwin as president and CEO of Southern Bancorp, Tanya Wright now leads that entity's nonprofit affiliates. She also oversees the human resources, internal audit, compliance and marketing and communications for all of Southern Bancorp and its affiliates.
Since leaving Heifer International to join Southern in 2010, Wright has focused on developing and implementing a combined strategic plan for the two nonprofits. Southern Bancorp Capital Partners and Southern Good Faith Fund seek to reduce poverty and unemployment and improve graduation rates, primarily in the Delta.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 2 days ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago