Byron Eiseman became managing partner of Friday Eldredge & Clark, the largest law firm in the state with 94 attorneys, in 2005. He joined the firm in 1964, became a partner in 1970 and led its tax and business department for 30 years. Eiseman, who is also a CPA, was born and raised in Morristown, Tenn., and earned his bachelor's degree in accounting and law degree from the University of Tennessee. He has been an adjunct professor of taxation at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's William H. Bowen School of Law for four decades.
In January 2012, Eiseman stepped down as chairman of the firm's management committee. J. Shepherd "Shep" Russell III, who served as vice chairman of the committee, became chairman.
Eiseman will continue to practice law, giving up only the management duties.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Little Rock Doctor Robert Barrow Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison 2 days ago
- Online Banking Rises in Use, but Arkansas Branches Remain Important 3 days ago
- Baptist Health Sets Opening In Conway 3 days ago
- Maria Markham Recommended as New Director of Department of Higher Education 20 hours ago
- Gaillardia Club Woes Spawned Phil Herrington Bankruptcy 3 days ago