Wal-Mart doesn’t reveal exactly how many lawyers it has on staff, but it’s safe to say the Wal-Mart legal department is as big as any law firm in Arkansas. Jeff Gearhart was head of the department until 2012, when in the wake of a Mexican bribery scandal he was promoted to his current position overseeing global compliance, ethics and investigations in addition to corporate legal functions. A graduate of the University of Arkansas School of Law — his brother David is chancellor of the UA — Gearhart practiced with the Rose Law Firm and Kutak Rock before joining Wal-Mart in 2003, rising to general counsel in 2009.
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Vestcom International to Move Headquarters to One Cantrell Building 1 day ago
- Arkansas Travel Agents Say: We're Still Flying High 3 days ago
- Charles Morgan to Entrepreneurs: Surround Yourself with Good People 11 hours ago
- Tuckerman Couple Give $650K to Stadium Project at A-State 1 day ago
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 3 days ago