Should online retailers pay state sales tax?
- Yes. It levels the playing field for all retailers, brick-and-mortar stores and virtual ones.
- No. It amounts to yet another new tax, which is particularly harmful to small business.
Do you think the housing market has recovered?
- Yes. All signs point to a healthy market.
- No. Prices are recovering but we've got a long way to go.
- We don't now yet. Any recovery is fragile, and many economic factors could easily derail it.
The reports are in. Do you still think Big River Steel is a good use of Arkansas money?
- Yes. On the whole, it appears to be a net gain for Arkansas.
- No. There's too many unknowns that economic developers have not considered.
- Who knows? That's the nature of business. You plan, invest, work hard and hope for the best.
Do you believe in global warming?
- Yes. This is a phenomenon recognized by scientists throughout the world.
- No. The science behind "global warming" is suspect.
- Don't know. The world could be getting warmer, but it could also be a cyclical development.
Do you support the new Medicaid plan that would allow federal money to buy private insurance?
- Yes. It helps more people without expanding a strained state system.
- No. Any expansion is bad. The federal government simply can't afford it.
- Maybe. It's a promising compromise but we'll need to learn more.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: 'Arkansas Week' & the Arkansas Business Week in Review
- Mixed Expectations Ahead of Wal-Mart's 1Q Earnings
- Banks Ask Fed to Watch Wal-Mart's Financial Services More Closely
- State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Arrested for Extortion by FBI 2 hours ago
- Arkansas State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Targeted in Criminal Probe 4 months ago
- At Annual Meeting, Dillard's Mulls What to Do With Cash 11 hours ago
- Troy Duke, L.R. Gardner Plan to Buy Bank of Rison 1 day ago
- Davy Carter Named EVP for Home BancShares 2 days ago