Should online retailers pay state sales tax?
- Yes. It levels the playing field for all retailers, brick-and-mortar stores and virtual ones.
- No. It amounts to yet another new tax, which is particularly harmful to small business.
Do you think the housing market has recovered?
- Yes. All signs point to a healthy market.
- No. Prices are recovering but we've got a long way to go.
- We don't now yet. Any recovery is fragile, and many economic factors could easily derail it.
The reports are in. Do you still think Big River Steel is a good use of Arkansas money?
- Yes. On the whole, it appears to be a net gain for Arkansas.
- No. There's too many unknowns that economic developers have not considered.
- Who knows? That's the nature of business. You plan, invest, work hard and hope for the best.
Do you believe in global warming?
- Yes. This is a phenomenon recognized by scientists throughout the world.
- No. The science behind "global warming" is suspect.
- Don't know. The world could be getting warmer, but it could also be a cyclical development.
Do you support the new Medicaid plan that would allow federal money to buy private insurance?
- Yes. It helps more people without expanding a strained state system.
- No. Any expansion is bad. The federal government simply can't afford it.
- Maybe. It's a promising compromise but we'll need to learn more.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Arkansas Times: Sources Say Martha Shoffner Source Is Steele Stephens
- Questions About Martha Shoffner's Arrest That Should Be Answered Monday
- Video: What We Know About the Arrest of Martha Shoffner
- Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner Resigns Amid Charges She Took Cash 4 hours ago
- Update: Complaint Says Martha Shoffner Accepted $6,000 Payment from Broker 1 day ago
- Remington Plans $32 Million Expansion of Lonoke Ammunition Plant 12 hours ago
- House GOP Leader Bruce Westerman Calls for Martha Shoffner's Removal 11 hours ago
- Texarkana's Truman Arnold Cos. Off Largest Private Companies List After Execs Move to Dallas 2 days ago