Do you think Arkansas Republicans can find a way to avoid Medicaid cuts?
- No. Do the math; they are unavoidable.
- Yes. The money is definitely there.
- The real question is, can they reach any kind of deal with Democrats?
Are you satisfied with the deal over the fiscal cliff?
- Nope. Too many tax hikes and not enough spending cuts.
- Nope. It's a patchwork deal that pushes too many fights into the next Congress.
- Yes. You've got to start somewhere. This is how compromise works.
- Yes. It keeps taxes low for the middle class and will help grow the economy.
Do you think there will be a last-minute solution to avoid the fiscal cliff?
- Nope. We're going over.
- Yes. But it's a stopgap measure that means this will drag into 2013.
- Yes! A grand bargain is struck, and everyone is happy!
It's Dec. 27th. Do you have electricity?
- Yes. Fortunately we never lost it.
- Yes, finally! But we spent more than a few hours in the cold and dark.
- No. It's been a long two days.
How serious is the damage to Dustin McDaniel's campaign for governor?
- Not serious at all. Ever hear of Bill Clinton? This will be a distant memory to voters at the polls.
- Very. McDaniel now faces a steep climb with donors, the party and voters.
- Somewhat. But it's so early in the race that there's ample time to recover.
- It depends on whether there's more dirt to come and what his opponents will do with it.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Communications Sales & Leasing is Trading Now
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Conway Startup Grainster's Boasts Wildly Optimistic Projections 20 hours ago
- Warren Stephens Bets on Startup Roadie Shipping Network 20 hours ago
- Windstream Spinoff CS&L to Begin Trading on Monday 3 days ago
- Pediatrics Plus Buy Tops $8.1M Mark (Real Deals) 20 hours ago
- Ex-Arkansas Travelers General Manager Bill Valentine Dies 13 hours ago