Are public company executives overpaid?
- Yes. Especially when they make many times what their average employee makes.
- No. Companies must compete to get the best executives, so high salaries are often necessary.
- Maybe. It depends on the size of the company and the industry it's a part of.
Would you use Google Glass?
- Yes. The technology is inevitable, and there's going to be a host of practical uses for an Internet-connected, heads-up display.
- No. The technology is socially invasive and too distracting.
- Maybe. Let's first see how Google and third party developers refine Glass.
Wal-Mart ended its deal with Paula Deen. Did the retailer do the right thing?
- Yes. Wal-Mart mustn't be associated with Deen's controversy.
- No. People can forgive, and Deen still has plenty of supporters who'll buy her products.
- Maybe. Perhaps it would have been best to wait a few more days and see what happens.
Is it time for the Fed to stop buying bonds?
- Yes. The economic recovery is taking hold. It's time for the Fed to back off.
- No. The economic recovery remains fragile. Low interest rates are still necessary.
Should online retailers pay state sales tax?
- Yes. It levels the playing field for all retailers, brick-and-mortar stores and virtual ones.
- No. It amounts to yet another new tax, which is particularly harmful to small business.
Arkansas Business Staff
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Three Tech Firms Moving to Downtown Conway, Plan to Hire 140 1 day ago
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 1 day ago
- Independent Citizens Commission Would More Than Double Legislators' Pay 3 hours ago
- UCA Sets Sights On Opening Optometry School 22 hours ago