A look inside the main dining room of the Capital Hotel's new restaurant, One Eleven at the Capital.
Little Rock Soirée was one of a few media outlets to get a sneak peek at The Capital Hotel's new restaurant, One Eleven at the Capital, Thursday night.
The restaurant, which is taking the place of Ashley's, will be open Friday and Saturday for dinner service. Its weekday lunch service will begin Wednesday. One Eleven will also serve breakfast on Saturdays, and breakfast and brunch on Sundays, both beginning next weekend.
Ashley's closed in May for extensive renovations. Last night, media members got the first glimpse of the new dining room that included hardwood floors and open windows, instead of carpet and heavy drapes.
Here's part of Soirée's review:
While staff wouldn’t say how much the renovation cost, it’s apparent very few expenses were spared. One Eleven contracted with Little Rock agency Thoma Thoma to handle the new logo and branding. The dining room has been augmented with a new 16-seat zinc bar that stretches through the space where the former host stand once stood. A new WineEmotion dispenser system, worth well over $10,000, allows bar staff to preserve the most premium wines for weeks after opening, meaning several of One Eleven’s most expensive bottles are now also available by the glass.
The kitchen also received a makeover, which will allow chef Joël Antunes to serve more patrons, more efficiently.
As far as the food, most dishes are staying the same, but there have been updates. Soirée was able to preview a few dishes last night, including Maine Oysters Rockefeller, Crab Cake with Coleslaw, Organic Belle Evans Farm Chicken and Raspberry Cheesecake. One Eleven will also have some doughnuts that could quickly become popular.
For more on the Capital Hotel's new restaurant, including a slew of photos, check out Soirée's full report here.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Arkansas Business Presents 2014's 'The New Influentials: 20 In Their 20s' 1 day ago
- Southern Rice & Cotton Says Turner Grain Bounced Million-Dollar Check 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- 8 Former Delta Trust Employees Flock to Eagle Bank 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart at 50: A Not-So-Short History Of the World's Largest Retailer 2 years ago