Gov. Asa Hutchinson is scheduled to address a joint session of the state Legislature at 10:30 a.m., and he's expected to call for lawmakers to approve his proposed $50 million tax cut for low income Arkansans.
You can watch the speech live below.
The 91st General Assembly convened Monday, with legislators facing a host of issues, including the reauthorization of the state's hybrid Medicaid expansion program, Arkansas Works; implementation of Arkansas' medical marijuana law; and whether to cut taxes.
Republicans have expanded their majority in both legislative chambers since last year's fiscal session. The GOP has 76 seats in the 100-member House; they have 26 seats in the 35-member Senate.
On Monday, House members re-elected Jeremy Gillam as speaker, and Jonathan Dismang will be Senate president for a second year.
Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Joint Legislative Session
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Simmons First Eyes Downtown Acxiom Building in Little Rock 2 days ago
- Are 401(k) Costs Fair? Firms Can Analyze Fees 2 days ago
- Relyance, Citizens Banks Plan Hot Springs Branches 2 days ago
- Simmons, Home BancShares Set To Vault Into $10B Club 2 days ago
- John Goodson To Defend Himself at Circuit Court of Appeals 2 days ago