I lent some comments to a quick hit on last night's Today THV newscasts about how the wind industry is positioned in Arkansas. The hook?
The U.S. Wind Industry’s Annual Market Report list Arkansas as one of the top states attracting major wind energy manufactures. …
According to the Natural Resource Defense Council, Arkansas generates nearly half its electricity from coal-fired power plants, and most of the remainder from nuclear and natural gas.
The council also ranks Arkansas 27 out of of 50 states for wind power potential.
I think the bottom line is that while we’ve seen setbacks in our growing wind industry — delays by Mitsubishi in Fort Smith and Polymarin in Little Rock — we remain well-position to take advantage of an industry that’s growing as we look more and more to alternative sources of power.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Tyson Foods Gives $1M to Downtown Springdale Alliance 2 days ago
- Barber Co-Defendant James Van Doren Asks Court for Bond Relief 2 years ago
- Agreement Puts Drones Closer to Sky 7 days ago