Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville has completed its purchase of additional ownership of Yihaodian, an online retailer in China. The world's largest retailer now has a 51 percent foothold in the company.
Walmart's funds injection will help Yihaodian continue its growth, and better positions Walmart to serve Chinese customers through ecommerce. Launched in July 2008, Yihaodian has been growing at a rapid pace in line with China's ecommerce market, which is expected to be nearly as large as that of the US by 2016.
Yihaodian already has 24 million registered users, and offers same-day delivery to customers in Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai, and next-day delivery to customers in over 100 cities in China.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- The Home of Outrageous Service (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- With Rollin' Smoke, Arkansas Natives Rock BBQ World in Las Vegas 2 days ago
- Mike Beebe Appoints 43 to State Boards, Commissions 21 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 2 days ago
- Womack Backs GOP's Anti-Internet Sales Tax Stance 3 hours ago