Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville has completed its purchase of additional ownership of Yihaodian, an online retailer in China. The world's largest retailer now has a 51 percent foothold in the company.
Walmart's funds injection will help Yihaodian continue its growth, and better positions Walmart to serve Chinese customers through ecommerce. Launched in July 2008, Yihaodian has been growing at a rapid pace in line with China's ecommerce market, which is expected to be nearly as large as that of the US by 2016.
Yihaodian already has 24 million registered users, and offers same-day delivery to customers in Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai, and next-day delivery to customers in over 100 cities in China.
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- County Clerk Cancels Leslie Rutledge's Voter Registration 8 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Makes 28 Appointments to Arkansas Boards, Commissions 11 hours ago
- Windstream Names Bob Gunderman Interim CFO 14 hours ago
- Developers Reimagine Conway's Oak Street 3 days ago
- Dominik Mjartan Promoted at Southern Bancorp 11 hours ago