Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville has completed its purchase of additional ownership of Yihaodian, an online retailer in China. The world's largest retailer now has a 51 percent foothold in the company.
Walmart's funds injection will help Yihaodian continue its growth, and better positions Walmart to serve Chinese customers through ecommerce. Launched in July 2008, Yihaodian has been growing at a rapid pace in line with China's ecommerce market, which is expected to be nearly as large as that of the US by 2016.
Yihaodian already has 24 million registered users, and offers same-day delivery to customers in Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai, and next-day delivery to customers in over 100 cities in China.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- University of Arkansas Alumna Gives $600k to Alma Mater 20 hours ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 1 day ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 4 days ago
- Interim Director for Arkansas Prisons Named 4 hours ago
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches 1 day ago