Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville has completed its purchase of additional ownership of Yihaodian, an online retailer in China. The world's largest retailer now has a 51 percent foothold in the company.
Walmart's funds injection will help Yihaodian continue its growth, and better positions Walmart to serve Chinese customers through ecommerce. Launched in July 2008, Yihaodian has been growing at a rapid pace in line with China's ecommerce market, which is expected to be nearly as large as that of the US by 2016.
Yihaodian already has 24 million registered users, and offers same-day delivery to customers in Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai, and next-day delivery to customers in over 100 cities in China.
- YRC CEO is Done Talking About That ABF Freight Takeover Offer
- More Trouble at David Henry's Plaza Towers
- Arkansas Times: Sources Say Martha Shoffner Source Is Steele Stephens
- Mike Duke Among Top 50 Highest-Paid CEOs As Ranked by AP 19 hours ago
- UA, ASU Boards Approve Tuition Hikes 15 hours ago
- Majestic Hotel in Hot Springs for Sale 23 hours ago
- New UCA President Allen Meadors Called a Uniter 4 years ago
- Update: Intruder Arrested at Arkansas Governor's Mansion 19 hours ago