Murphy Oil Corp. of El Dorado has told analysts that it's still on track to spin off its Murphy Oil USA gas station unit in 2013, but the company did not say exactly when it will happen.
In a conference call with analysts last week, CEO Steven Cossé said that the new company, Murphy Oil USA Inc., will be composed of 1,150 convenience stores and gas stations, as well as two ethanol plants:
As you know, we recently announced our decision to proceed with the spinoff of the U.S. Downstream business subject to confirmation of its tax-free status and other regulatory approvals. We expect the spin process will be concluded in 2013 and a new company would include all of retail, U.S. retail outlets, currently 1,154 stations, 2 ethanol plants and 7 product distribution terminals. The U.K. Downstream business will remain with Murphy Oil Corp. until the sales process for those assets is complete.
You can read the full transcript of Murphy's call with analysts here. The call came a day after Murphy Oil reported third-quarter earnings from continuing operations of $228.9 million or $1.17 per diluted share, down 34 percent from the same quarter last year.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 2 days ago
- London Doctor Gareth Morgan to Lead UAMS Myeloma Institute 14 hours ago
- Central Arkansas Medical Centers Collaborate, Compete in Tight Health Care Market 2 days ago
- $42.6 Million Transaction Visits Foothills Apartments (Real Deals) 2 days ago