Wednesday will be a day of victory, defeat and spin -- assuming we know the election results. At any rate, the calendar is filling up with post-election events to help us all make sense of what did -- or didn't -- happen:
- At 9:30 a.m., Gov. Mike Beebe holds a news conference to discuss election results. The event takes place at the Governor's Conference Room of the Arkansas State Capitol in Little Rock.
- From 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., the Central Arkansas Chapter of the Risk Management Association will host a luncheon featuring Bruce Maloch at the Clinton Presidental Center's Great Hall. Maloch, who will be a state senator representing District 12, will talk about banking, the election results and how politics affect the state economy. You can email here for more information.
- At noon, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette political cartoonist John Deering holds forth at the Darragh Center of the Main Library in Little Rock. Part of the Legacies & Lunch series sponsored in part by the Arkansas Humanities Council, Deering will talk about the influence of the late political cartoonish George Fisher. You can call (501) 918-3029 for more information.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 18 hours ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 18 hours ago
- Maumelle Warehouse Attracts $11.2M Sale (Real Deals) 18 hours ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 18 hours ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 18 hours ago