Wednesday will be a day of victory, defeat and spin -- assuming we know the election results. At any rate, the calendar is filling up with post-election events to help us all make sense of what did -- or didn't -- happen:
- At 9:30 a.m., Gov. Mike Beebe holds a news conference to discuss election results. The event takes place at the Governor's Conference Room of the Arkansas State Capitol in Little Rock.
- From 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., the Central Arkansas Chapter of the Risk Management Association will host a luncheon featuring Bruce Maloch at the Clinton Presidental Center's Great Hall. Maloch, who will be a state senator representing District 12, will talk about banking, the election results and how politics affect the state economy. You can email here for more information.
- At noon, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette political cartoonist John Deering holds forth at the Darragh Center of the Main Library in Little Rock. Part of the Legacies & Lunch series sponsored in part by the Arkansas Humanities Council, Deering will talk about the influence of the late political cartoonish George Fisher. You can call (501) 918-3029 for more information.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- New Kanis Plaza Owner Arrives in $1.5M Sale (Real Deals) 9 hours ago
- Recovery of Dassault Falcon Jet Benefits Arkansas 9 hours ago
- Citizens Bank Puts Phil Baldwin To Work On Growth 9 hours ago
- Nearly $3 Million Still Sought in Rogers Bancshares Bankruptcy 9 hours ago
- Saline County Timberland Packed Into $13.5M Sale 9 hours ago