Wednesday will be a day of victory, defeat and spin -- assuming we know the election results. At any rate, the calendar is filling up with post-election events to help us all make sense of what did -- or didn't -- happen:
- At 9:30 a.m., Gov. Mike Beebe holds a news conference to discuss election results. The event takes place at the Governor's Conference Room of the Arkansas State Capitol in Little Rock.
- From 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., the Central Arkansas Chapter of the Risk Management Association will host a luncheon featuring Bruce Maloch at the Clinton Presidental Center's Great Hall. Maloch, who will be a state senator representing District 12, will talk about banking, the election results and how politics affect the state economy. You can email here for more information.
- At noon, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette political cartoonist John Deering holds forth at the Darragh Center of the Main Library in Little Rock. Part of the Legacies & Lunch series sponsored in part by the Arkansas Humanities Council, Deering will talk about the influence of the late political cartoonish George Fisher. You can call (501) 918-3029 for more information.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 16 hours ago
- Sweet: ‘A Pure Arkansas-Flavored Investment' for Arkansas Teachers Retirement System 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 3 days ago
- Talk Radio on Hold Against Low Ratings, Changing Audience 6 months ago