Bobby Petrino in April.
Former Razorbacks football coach Bobby Petrino wants badly to return to college football, and he wants to do it in Kentuckey, according to his father.
ESPN reports comments Bobby Petrino Sr. made to the Louisville Courier-Journal on Wednesday. According to the newspaper, Petrino Sr. said his son misses coaching and is itching to get back in the game:
On local airwaves and message boards, many University of Kentucky fans have made it clear they would love to see Petrino replace Joker Phillips, misdeeds and all. And on Wednesday, Petrino Sr. made it clear that his son would love to be at UK.
"I just know this, that he’s interested in Kentucky," the father said. "He wants to stay in the SEC. That was his life’s goal was to go to the SEC."
Petrino Jr. was fired from the University of Arkansas earlier this year for reasons you all know by heart.
Petrino Sr. said he didn't think his son had spoken to UK. Junior has connections already in Kentucky, having been the University of Louisville's head coach from 2003-06. Petrino's daughter is a member of U of L’s golf team.
Arkansas' current football coach, John L. Smith, also has ties to Kentucky, some of which he's struggling with at the moment.
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Windstream to Cut 350 Positions by Dec. 1 2 hours ago
- Grub's Bar & Grille Expands to Fort Smith 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Tyson CEO Donnie Smith: Hillshire Opens Door to More Growth 1 day ago
- Gov.-Elect Asa Hutchinson Asks 3 Directors To Stay 1 day ago