Last week, we noted Arkansas native and author John Grisham's appreciation for That Bookstore in Blytheville. His essay is part of book of essays featuring authors and their favorite book sellers.
Owner Mary Gay Shipley put the shop up for sale in February and said she was planning to close if she didn’t find a buyer within a few months. Now, a buyer has been named: Grant Hill.
Hill, a 22-year-old Mountain Home resident, said he was working with Southern Bancorp and the Greater Blytheville Area Chamber of Commerce to secure the $35,000 needed to buy the business.
A late update to the item notes that the deal, once scheduled to close this week, had been postponed. We'll keep an eye out for new developments.
Update: Shipley tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette she expects an announcement on the sale sometime this week.
- YRC CEO is Done Talking About That ABF Freight Takeover Offer
- More Trouble at David Henry's Plaza Towers
- Arkansas Times: Sources Say Martha Shoffner Source Is Steele Stephens
- Majestic Hotel in Hot Springs for Sale 2 days ago
- Bloomberg Gun Control Group Targets Mark Pryor in TV Ad Invoking Bill Gwatney 21 hours ago
- Federal Agents Sued After Raiding Bottled Water Employees, Confiscating Cellphones 2 months ago
- Austin Pittman Adjusts Focus at Bedford Camera & Video (Movers & Shakers) 5 days ago
- Mike Duke Among Top 50 Highest-Paid CEOs As Ranked by AP 2 days ago