Last week, we noted Arkansas native and author John Grisham's appreciation for That Bookstore in Blytheville. His essay is part of book of essays featuring authors and their favorite book sellers.
Owner Mary Gay Shipley put the shop up for sale in February and said she was planning to close if she didn’t find a buyer within a few months. Now, a buyer has been named: Grant Hill.
Hill, a 22-year-old Mountain Home resident, said he was working with Southern Bancorp and the Greater Blytheville Area Chamber of Commerce to secure the $35,000 needed to buy the business.
A late update to the item notes that the deal, once scheduled to close this week, had been postponed. We'll keep an eye out for new developments.
Update: Shipley tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette she expects an announcement on the sale sometime this week.
- Kevin Delaney Back on 'Tonight Show' on Nov. 7
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 1 day ago
- Newk's Eatery Expanding to Northwest Arkansas 1 day ago
- ProLand Title Buys Arkansas County Title of Stuttgart 5 hours ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 7 months ago
- Chris Christie Visits Arkansas to Tout GOP Candidates 5 hours ago