Hey, it's your pal Obama! How's it going? How 'bout a donation? If not, that's cool too.
Bloomberg Businessweek examines those strangely subject-lined Obama campaign fundraising e-mails, and finds how much one hauled in.
If you were on the mailing list*, you certainly remember them. One particularly noteworthy -- and Drudged -- e-mail came with the subject line, "I will be outspent."
It raised $2.6 million.
Other subject lines included, "Join me for dinner?", "It’s officially over," "It doesn’t have to be this way," and even "Hey," which campaign e-mail director Toby Fallsgraff tells the magazine was probably the best one of the series.
Inside the science of fundraising and e-mail subject lines, right here.
*It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: I'm was on the list because I'm a journalist who signed up for everything I could get from all the presidential campaigns. And I'm a glutton for punishment. But I did not, and do not, give money to any political campaign ever.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 1 day ago
- Windstream Names Lewis Langston CIO, Adds Other Senior Leaders 20 hours ago
- Arkansas' Biggest Deals of 2014 Soar While Value Slips 1 day ago
- In Arkansas, Rules Restrict e-Services By Physicians 1 day ago
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 11 hours ago