Dillard's Chief Executive Officer William Dillard II.
Dillard's Inc. of Little Rock has signed on to be the anchor tenant at The Shops at Summerlin, a shopping mall being developed by The Howard Hughes Corp. near the Las Vegas Beltway and Charleston Boulevard in Las Vegas.
The 200,000-SF store will have two floors and is scheduled to open in 2014, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal:
"This premier location will allow us to serve our Las Vegas customers at an even higher level, and we are pleased to underscore our long-standing commitment to the Las Vegas market," Dillard's Chief Executive Officer William Dillard II said in a statement.
As of Oct. 27, Dillard's operated 284 stores and 18 clearance centers in 29 states. Including its Internet fulfillment center in Maumelle, it has more than 52 million SF of space.
A 200,000-SF store would be among the bigger stores Dillard's operates. It's also one of the few cases in the last few years of Dillard's opening a new store, as the department store chain has been pruning its portfolio of underperforming locations.
That, along with other tweaks to Dillard's business, has been successful so far, at least in terms of its share price (NYSE: DDS), which is trading at more than $88, the high end of its 52-week range. That's to say nothing of its recently quarterly earnings.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 6 hours ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 23 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 4 days ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 1 day ago
- Federal Disaster Declarations Made for 10 Counties 22 hours ago