Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Colette Honorable Nominated to Federal Energy Regulatory Commission 1 day ago
- Alcohol Amendment Will Be on November Ballot 16 hours ago
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain 18 hours ago
- $30,000 in Sculptures Stolen from Riverfront Park in Little Rock 20 hours ago
- Arkansas Farmers Face New Challenges with Climate Change 1 year ago