Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Southern Rice & Cotton Says Turner Grain Bounced Million-Dollar Check 3 hours ago
- Landers Auto Dealership Drives $22.1M Toyota Sale (Real Deals) 3 hours ago
- 8 Former Delta Trust Employees Flock to Eagle Bank 3 hours ago
- Debate Shows New Fault Lines in Race (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 10 hours ago