Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Wal-Mart Buys Yumprint of Seattle
- Commission Investigates Judge Mike Maggio's Web Postings 17 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Names 44 to Boards, Commissions 15 hours ago
- Underground Tunnels Challenge Hot Springs Engineers from Past to Present 4 weeks ago
- Simmons First Announces Plans to Combine Bank Charters 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago