Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- This Week in Tyson: EPA Investigates; Hillshire Deal Delayed Again
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Trinity Renewed: Keller Links Health of Episcopal Church to Community 2 days ago
- $50M Revitalization Plan Aims To Turn El Dorado into Cultural Mecca 2 days ago
- ADW Capital Takes 3 Percent Stake in USA Truck, Calls for CEO's Ouster 1 day ago
- North Little Rock's Rockwater Residences Poised for Relaunch 2 days ago
- Johnny Allison Donates $5M to Arkansas State Athletics Department 12 hours ago