Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 5 days ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 13 hours ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 15 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago