Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Tony Thomas Named CEO of Windstream As Jeff Gardner Steps Down 1 week ago
- Southern Bancorp's Mississippi Acquisition Tops $1M 1 hour ago
- Best Quotes of 2014 1 hour ago
- The Best & Worst of 2014 1 hour ago