Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- Report: Wal-Mart CFO Claims 'Very Good Sales' Lately
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Conway Reimagined For $100M And Change 9 hours ago
- LR Interstate Property, Nursing Home Both Net $5M+ Buys (Real Deals) 9 hours ago
- Stephens Takes Second Helpings of Chuy's Mexican 9 hours ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 8 months ago
- Fiscal Session Leaves Long To-Do List (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 17 hours ago