Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- Social Media Reactions to Final Gubernatorial Debate
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 1 day ago
- Turner Grain Close to Filing $25M Bankruptcy 16 hours ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 1 day ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 day ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 1 day ago