Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- YRC CEO is Done Talking About That ABF Freight Takeover Offer
- More Trouble at David Henry's Plaza Towers
- Arkansas Times: Sources Say Martha Shoffner Source Is Steele Stephens
- Mike Duke Among Top 50 Highest-Paid CEOs As Ranked by AP 2 hours ago
- Update: Intruder Arrested at Arkansas Governor's Mansion 2 hours ago
- Majestic Hotel in Hot Springs for Sale 6 hours ago
- Historic Fort Smith Building to Be Renovated 5 hours ago
- Riggs Tractor Rolls With Rental Trend 4 days ago