Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Home BancShares' 1Q Profit A Record, Up 56 Percent 3 hours ago
- Simmons Name Appears on Arkansas' Tallest Building 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon, Wife Give $1M to UA Walton Business College 3 hours ago
- $2B Program to Improve Arkansas Highways Begins 22 hours ago
- Franklin McLarty on What Big Auto Manufacturers Must Do to Stay on the Road (Executive Q&A) 4 days ago