Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 14 hours ago
- Report: States More Lax Than Feds on Judge Rules 4 hours ago
- NLR Nursing Home Switches Hands in a $7.04 Million Deal (Real Deals) 7 years ago
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race 1 day ago
- State Securities Regulator Heath Abshure Disputes Ethics Complaint by Stephens Inc. 2 days ago