Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- Video: WSJ Looks at Wal-Mart's High-Stakes Battle With Amazon
- Tyson Foods Plans $11M Expansion in Sherman, Texas
- Here Are Some of the Golfers You'll See at Alotian Club's Western Amateur Tournament
- Arkansas Officials Confirm Avian Flu in Scott County Chicken 7 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2013 3 days ago
- UALR Names Paula Casey As Interim Vice Provost 7 hours ago
- Arkansas Insurance Department Prepares for Affordable Care Act 3 days ago
- CALS Considers Naming New Children's Library for Hillary Clinton 5 hours ago