Above, Rep. Warwick Sabin, D-Little Rock, chairman of the House freshman caucus, and Rep. Bruce Westerman, R-Hot Springs, House majority leader, talk to THV 11 News about the 89th General Assembly and the opportunities -- and debates -- that lie ahead.
Sabin, whose day job is publisher of the Oxford American magazine, said "It's a really critical time for our state and our nation." He stands firmly behind the idea of a Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, calling the move an opportunity to bring down costs through a more efficient system.
Westerman, meanwhile, gives a brief preview of legislation he'll propose, which includes items dealing with Medicaid, spending restraints, and controlling growth of the state budget.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- The Home of Outrageous Service (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Mike Beebe Appoints 43 to State Boards, Commissions 1 day ago
- Arkansas Venture Center Names Operations Team 4 hours ago
- With Rollin' Smoke, Arkansas Natives Rock BBQ World in Las Vegas 2 days ago
- Womack Backs GOP's Anti-Internet Sales Tax Stance 7 hours ago