The sinister appears ordinary on Google Street Scene, such as this clip from No Country for Old Men, re-imagined in the context of Google's popular Street View feature.
Tre is the assistant interactive editor for Arkansas Business Publishing Group. Consider him our cyber MacGuyver. Tre rolls out of bed and creates Tumblr blogs that become international sensations. His latest did just that, blowing up this week on Gawker, Entertainment Weekly and a couple of European sites.
What has them all a-ghast is Google Street Scene, in which Tre takes stills from famous movies such as GoodFellas and reimagines them as, well, Google street scenes. (Um, hey Google guy, Henry Hill is fixin' to come have a 'word'...)
Tre has another Tumblr blog very much worth checking out -- his true love and a real work of art for map geeks -- Close to the Borderline.
On Wednesday, a picture posted on a messageboard got Tre and some buddies discussing fake street views. Next thing he knows, Tre had created another Tumblr account -- Google Street Scene. That afternoon, Gawker came calling.
By Thursday afternoon, Tre had 100-plus followers on Tumblr, and Gawker had received 442 Facebook likes from its post about Tre's blog.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Crittenden Regional Hospital Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Court Formalizes Settlement With Banks Over Dennis Smiley Assets 1 day ago
- Update: AP Withdraws Story About Leslie Rutledge Letter 1 day ago
- U.S. Marshals Museum Gets $5M Pledge 11 hours ago
- CHI St. Vincent to Expand WLR Campus 1 day ago