The sinister appears ordinary on Google Street Scene, such as this clip from No Country for Old Men, re-imagined in the context of Google's popular Street View feature.
Tre is the assistant interactive editor for Arkansas Business Publishing Group. Consider him our cyber MacGuyver. Tre rolls out of bed and creates Tumblr blogs that become international sensations. His latest did just that, blowing up this week on Gawker, Entertainment Weekly and a couple of European sites.
What has them all a-ghast is Google Street Scene, in which Tre takes stills from famous movies such as GoodFellas and reimagines them as, well, Google street scenes. (Um, hey Google guy, Henry Hill is fixin' to come have a 'word'...)
Tre has another Tumblr blog very much worth checking out -- his true love and a real work of art for map geeks -- Close to the Borderline.
On Wednesday, a picture posted on a messageboard got Tre and some buddies discussing fake street views. Next thing he knows, Tre had created another Tumblr account -- Google Street Scene. That afternoon, Gawker came calling.
By Thursday afternoon, Tre had 100-plus followers on Tumblr, and Gawker had received 442 Facebook likes from its post about Tre's blog.
- FCC Media Bureau Says Parts of Sinclair/Allbritton Deal Would Violate Ownership Rules
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- Siloam Springs Gets Downtown Jumpin' Again (Main Street Preservation | Winner, Between 5,000-20,000) 1 day ago
- Recovery of Dassault Falcon Jet Benefits Arkansas 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 1 year ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 10 months ago
- General Contractor VCC, Sees Growth in Northwest Arkansas, Opens Fayetteville Office 1 day ago