Bloomberg's gotten ahold of some internal Wal-Mart emails that show executives unhappy by a slow sales start in February. How slow? Well ...
“In case you haven’t seen a sales report these days, February MTD sales are a total disaster,” Jerry Murray, Wal-Mart’s vice president of finance and logistics, said in a Feb. 12 e-mail to other executives, referring to month-to-date sales. “The worst start to a month I have seen in my ~7 years with the company.”
Ew. The slow economy and the end of the payroll tax holiday are hitting hard. Bloomberg has more on the stiff headwinds here.
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Wal-Mart Buys Yumprint of Seattle
- WLR Retail Project Trails $1.8M Land Purchase (Real Deals) 8 hours ago
- New Walmart Convenience Store To Open in Bentonville 8 hours ago
- Arkansas Best Execs Enjoy Fruit of Profitable 2013 6 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Proposed Change in State Securities Law Out of Step With Neighboring States 8 hours ago