"Under the Dome," a Stephen King novel that's soon to be a CBS series. Not a political blog.
When Steve Harrelson, the former state representative from Texarkana, accepted an offer of $7,800 for the domain name of his blog, UnderTheDome.com, in January, he thought the New York company that bought it was planning some kind of political site.
But he learned the truth from a 15-second ad while watching the Super Bowl last month: UnderTheDome.com is the new website for CBS' 13-part series based on the Stephen King bestseller, "Under the Dome."
"I saw it live. And then my phone started blowing up with texts from friends," Harrelson told Arkansas Business.
Harrelson said he had not really been misled because the buyer, a group from Staten Island called Falsone, had always been "vague" about its plans.
"But had I known [Steven] Spielberg, Stephen King and CBS were behind it, I would've been a little more shrewd," Harrelson said.
Still, the price he did get wasn't bad. Even now he describes it as "a pretty good chunk" for a domain name that he originally purchased for $100 in time for the 2007 legislative session.
- Video: 'Arkansas Week' & the Arkansas Business Week in Review
- Mixed Expectations Ahead of Wal-Mart's 1Q Earnings
- Banks Ask Fed to Watch Wal-Mart's Financial Services More Closely
- State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Arrested for Extortion by FBI 20 hours ago
- Arkansas State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Targeted in Criminal Probe 4 months ago
- At Annual Meeting, Dillard's Mulls What to Do With Cash 1 day ago
- Troy Duke, L.R. Gardner Plan to Buy Bank of Rison 2 days ago
- Video: 'Report This!!!' YouTube Videos Featuring KARK Reporters 3 years ago