"Under the Dome," a Stephen King novel that's soon to be a CBS series. Not a political blog.
When Steve Harrelson, the former state representative from Texarkana, accepted an offer of $7,800 for the domain name of his blog, UnderTheDome.com, in January, he thought the New York company that bought it was planning some kind of political site.
But he learned the truth from a 15-second ad while watching the Super Bowl last month: UnderTheDome.com is the new website for CBS' 13-part series based on the Stephen King bestseller, "Under the Dome."
"I saw it live. And then my phone started blowing up with texts from friends," Harrelson told Arkansas Business.
Harrelson said he had not really been misled because the buyer, a group from Staten Island called Falsone, had always been "vague" about its plans.
"But had I known [Steven] Spielberg, Stephen King and CBS were behind it, I would've been a little more shrewd," Harrelson said.
Still, the price he did get wasn't bad. Even now he describes it as "a pretty good chunk" for a domain name that he originally purchased for $100 in time for the 2007 legislative session.
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Windstream Names Bob Gunderman Interim CFO 4 hours ago
- If Arkansas Goes Wet, ABC Has Plan 2 days ago
- Otter Creek Mall Development Decades in the Making 2 days ago
- Sager Sells Allens Properties to Jim Bob Duggar 2 days ago
- Transportation Leaders Discuss Present, Future Issues of Industry 23 hours ago