In case you missed it, here's The New York Times taking a look on Monday at state Sen. Jason Rapert's abortion legislation, which the Arkansas Legislature approved six days ago. As has been reported, Planned Parenthood funding is next on his list.
Per the Times:
The Arkansas law was designed by State Senator Jason Rapert, a Republican, who says he has no time for those who say it will prove legally futile, noting that the word abortion does not appear in the Constitution.
“Arkansas has made a significant statement,” Mr. Rapert, 40, a born-again Christian, said in an interview, adding that he had received scores of messages of support from activists and legislators around the country. “Hopefully we can awaken the nation.”
More here, as the paper recaps Rapert's rise, redisctricting efforts in Arkansas and more.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale 1 day ago
- Lottery Oversight Committee Votes 'Non Support' On Video Bets 19 hours ago
- Judge Rules Martha Shoffner Corruption Conviction Will Stand 19 hours ago
- A Wet State of Mind (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Simmons Name Appears on Arkansas' Tallest Building 1 hour ago