In case you missed it, here's The New York Times taking a look on Monday at state Sen. Jason Rapert's abortion legislation, which the Arkansas Legislature approved six days ago. As has been reported, Planned Parenthood funding is next on his list.
Per the Times:
The Arkansas law was designed by State Senator Jason Rapert, a Republican, who says he has no time for those who say it will prove legally futile, noting that the word abortion does not appear in the Constitution.
“Arkansas has made a significant statement,” Mr. Rapert, 40, a born-again Christian, said in an interview, adding that he had received scores of messages of support from activists and legislators around the country. “Hopefully we can awaken the nation.”
More here, as the paper recaps Rapert's rise, redisctricting efforts in Arkansas and more.
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Wal-Mart Buys Yumprint of Seattle
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 8 months ago
- Commission Investigates Judge Mike Maggio's Web Postings 3 days ago
- Underground Tunnels Challenge Hot Springs Engineers from Past to Present 4 weeks ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 1 year ago