In case you missed it, here's The New York Times taking a look on Monday at state Sen. Jason Rapert's abortion legislation, which the Arkansas Legislature approved six days ago. As has been reported, Planned Parenthood funding is next on his list.
Per the Times:
The Arkansas law was designed by State Senator Jason Rapert, a Republican, who says he has no time for those who say it will prove legally futile, noting that the word abortion does not appear in the Constitution.
“Arkansas has made a significant statement,” Mr. Rapert, 40, a born-again Christian, said in an interview, adding that he had received scores of messages of support from activists and legislators around the country. “Hopefully we can awaken the nation.”
More here, as the paper recaps Rapert's rise, redisctricting efforts in Arkansas and more.
- Online Advertisers Back Mark Pryor, Other Democrats
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy
- Wall Street Journal Goes Inside Tyson Foods' China Chicken Farms
- Cooper Clinic Sues Mercy Over Recruitment Tactics 1 week ago
- CARTI to Begin Construction of $90M Treatment Facility 23 hours ago
- One-And-Done Again: Bryan Harsin to Leave ASU for Boise State 20 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 1 year ago
- City Leads the Way in Lake Village's Main Street Rebirth (Main Street Preservation | Winner, Fewer than 5,000) 3 days ago