According to Ross, firefighters received a call about the fire at 4:25 a.m. No injuries have been reported.
The Goodwill Arkansas has more than 30 locations, including donation centers, retail stores and education centers, throughout Arkansas. The retail and donations center in Searcy was its only location in that city. The nonprofit purchased the building for the center in 1982.
Brian Itzowitz, the Goodwill Industries of Arkansas CEO who was recently named Arkansas Business' Nonprofit Executive of the Year, tells us the store is a total loss. The cause of the fire is not known. Itzowitz sent us the photo above.
"We have a great community in Searcy, donors, shoppers and employees," Itzowitz said. "We will have at least a temporary solution in place by end of month."
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Windstream to Spin Off Some Assets Into Publicly Traded REIT 13 hours ago
- Warren Stephens Bets on Britain's Bathstore 2 days ago
- Crystal Bridges Names New Curators 1 day ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 2 days ago
- For First Time, Jimmy Dean Moves Beyond Breakfast 10 hours ago