According to Ross, firefighters received a call about the fire at 4:25 a.m. No injuries have been reported.
The Goodwill Arkansas has more than 30 locations, including donation centers, retail stores and education centers, throughout Arkansas. The retail and donations center in Searcy was its only location in that city. The nonprofit purchased the building for the center in 1982.
Brian Itzowitz, the Goodwill Industries of Arkansas CEO who was recently named Arkansas Business' Nonprofit Executive of the Year, tells us the store is a total loss. The cause of the fire is not known. Itzowitz sent us the photo above.
"We have a great community in Searcy, donors, shoppers and employees," Itzowitz said. "We will have at least a temporary solution in place by end of month."
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 20 hours ago
- Report: States More Lax Than Feds on Judge Rules 10 hours ago
- NLR Nursing Home Switches Hands in a $7.04 Million Deal (Real Deals) 7 years ago
- CARTI Campus Tops Slimmer Projects List 3 days ago
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center 7 hours ago