The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Tom Dalton: ARK Challenge Will Continue
- Cache Chef Payne Harding Apologizes After Protestors Hit With Water
- Receiver Seeks Another Contempt of Court Ruling Against John Rogers 18 hours ago
- Martha Shoffner, Convicted of Bribery, to Be Sentenced Today 3 hours ago
- In Little Rock, GOP Presidential Candidate Ben Carson Stands As Another Political Outsider 17 hours ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame to Honor First Inductees 24 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Quietly Trying to Discourage Joe Biden from a 2016 Bid 2 hours ago