The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Top 10 Arkansas Business Stories from 2017 13 hours ago
- $1.6M Deal Tops Recent Real Estate Transactions 4 days ago
- Jonesboro's Hyatt Convention Center Woes Continue 13 hours ago
- Movie Tavern Premiere Moves Closer at Gateway Town Center 13 hours ago
- Game Plan Unaltered in Conway's Shoppes at Central Landing Project 1 week ago