The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Reuters: Acxiom Near Deal to Sell Marketing Solutions Unit for $2.2B
- Here's What Arkansas' Redesigned Driver's Licenses Look Like
- Kimberly-Clark Says It May Close Conway Plant 2 days ago
- SPONSORED: The Re-emergence Of The American Downtown 6 days ago
- South Arkansas Timber, Proximity to Texas Attracts Conifex 3 days ago
- Former Arkansas Judge Sues Over Proposal On Damages 3 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks' 2Q Profit Up 27 Percent; Name Changes on Monday 4 days ago