The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Arkansas Diagnostic Center Attracts $4.4M Sale (Real Deals) 9 hours ago
- As Arkansas Lottery's Luster Fades, Numbers Signal Challenges 9 hours ago
- Boutique Hotel May Open Near Promenade at Chenal 9 hours ago
- Regions Center Consultant Says 'Improper Actions' from Wells Fargo Led to Bankruptcy 9 hours ago
- Financial Trouble Among Competing Convention Centers Split in Texarkana 9 hours ago