The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Prep Continues as David's Burgers Flips River Market Location 13 hours ago
- Aircraft Interior Solutions Awaits FAA Review of Innovative Seat 13 hours ago
- Red Roof Inn Sale Tops $2.8 Million (Real Deals) 13 hours ago
- Hot Springs Condo Fray Entering Ninth Year 13 hours ago
- Aaron Gamewell Leaving Arkansas Bankers Association 13 hours ago