The Wall Street Journal's AllThingsD website today examines Wal-Mart's evolving approach to social media:
The multinational retail giant is in the midst of reshaping its entire e-commerce strategy, aiming to reclaim a waning customer base which in recent years has moved toward online shopping. Despite the company’s most intense efforts only coming to fruition over the past 18 months, Walmart hopes to use its massive brick-and-mortar footprint to leverage its wide range of digital initiatives.
The full story here. See also yesterday's news of the Bentonville-based retail giant experimenting with an improved version of its Site-to-Store program, where consumers can order product on its website and then have it kept in a physical locker at the store so they can pick it up without having to wait in line or talk to a store clerk.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Tyson Foods Gives $1M to Downtown Springdale Alliance 2 days ago
- Agreement Puts Drones Closer to Sky 6 days ago
- Former Judge Mike Maggio Pleads Guilty to Bribery 2 weeks ago