The exclusive golf club in west Little Rock is owned by Warren Stephens, CEO of Stephens Inc., who briefed media on the Western Amateur event last week.
The Alotian Club, Warren Stephens' ultra-exclusive golfer's paradise off Highway 10 west of Little Rock, will open its doors to the public for the first time this summer as host of the 111th Western Amateur championship.
The event showcases the country's top amateur golfers. Past winners include Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Ben Crenshaw. The event takes place July 29-Aug. 4.
The tournament offers a rare chance for nonmembers to see Stephens' legendary 7,480-yard golf course up close. So how can you get in? There are two ways:
Event tickets cost $100, are transferrable and will get you into each day of the event. They go on sale at 9 a.m. April 15, the day after the Masters, at TheWesternAmateur.com. There are a limited number of tickets, so you'll want to be online and ready to buy at 9 a.m. on the dot.
The tournament needs volunteers to help with registration, concessions, ball spotting, gallery control and more. Volunteers 18 and younger can sign up for free; everyone else can pay $100 to volunteer at TheWesternAmateur.com.
You can register to volunteer now. You'll have to work at least three shifts, but you'll get access to the tournament all week when you're not working, a meal ticket and two Alotian shirts and a ball cap. In all, it's a great chance to see world-class golf on one of the country's top-ranked — and most exclusive — courses.
Also: We've got much more about Alotian, the Western Amateur tournament and more in our new edition of Arkansas Business Executive Golfer, which is out today.
You can read full articles from the magazine here, and you could see the digital edition here. Among the stories: An inside look at another stunning Arkansas golf course, The Blessings in northwest Arkansas, built by John Tyson.
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List 5 days ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 5 days ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post; John Selig Asked to Stay at DHS 4 days ago
- Federal Judge Overturns Arkansas' Gay Marriage Ban 3 days ago