The latest? The closure of the Phillips County Jail, a 30-year-old building that's falling apart and now deemed unsafe. The move leaves 18 employees out of work and 60 inmates transferred to other areas.
The county has hired consultants to look at the jail and find out what can be done; they will present their findings a quorum court meeting May 14. Those possibilities could include renovating the existing facility or building a new one.
Seigle has more reporting and video here.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 1 day ago
- Political Strategist Noelle Nikpours' Racy Website Replaced 6 years ago
- Ashley Group Could Bring New Life to Pleasant Crossing in Rogers 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Execs Naturally Dominate List of Executive Compensation 1 day ago
- Student Entrepreneurs at eStem Get Their Own Space: The Vault 1 day ago