The latest? The closure of the Phillips County Jail, a 30-year-old building that's falling apart and now deemed unsafe. The move leaves 18 employees out of work and 60 inmates transferred to other areas.
The county has hired consultants to look at the jail and find out what can be done; they will present their findings a quorum court meeting May 14. Those possibilities could include renovating the existing facility or building a new one.
Seigle has more reporting and video here.
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Asa Hutchinson Announces Senior Staff Hires 1 day ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 2 days ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post 4 hours ago
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer 7 hours ago
- US Attorney Files to Dismiss Mail Fraud Charges Against Martha Shoffner 3 hours ago