The latest? The closure of the Phillips County Jail, a 30-year-old building that's falling apart and now deemed unsafe. The move leaves 18 employees out of work and 60 inmates transferred to other areas.
The county has hired consultants to look at the jail and find out what can be done; they will present their findings a quorum court meeting May 14. Those possibilities could include renovating the existing facility or building a new one.
Seigle has more reporting and video here.
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- County Clerk Cancels Leslie Rutledge's Voter Registration 12 mins ago
- Mike Beebe Makes 28 Appointments to Arkansas Boards, Commissions 3 hours ago
- Windstream Names Bob Gunderman Interim CFO 6 hours ago
- Dominik Mjartan Promoted at Southern Bancorp 3 hours ago
- Developers Reimagine Conway's Oak Street 3 days ago