The latest? The closure of the Phillips County Jail, a 30-year-old building that's falling apart and now deemed unsafe. The move leaves 18 employees out of work and 60 inmates transferred to other areas.
The county has hired consultants to look at the jail and find out what can be done; they will present their findings a quorum court meeting May 14. Those possibilities could include renovating the existing facility or building a new one.
Seigle has more reporting and video here.
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Metro Builders Property Weighs In at $3.8 Million (Real Deals) 2 days ago
- Queen Wilhelmina Lodge to Reopen in Spring 12 hours ago
- Scooter Stuart's Tainted Assets Draw More Fire 2 days ago
- Simmons First Completes Delta Trust Acquisition 15 hours ago
- Newly Insured 'Private Option' Arkansans Present Challenges, Opportunities 2 days ago