The latest? The closure of the Phillips County Jail, a 30-year-old building that's falling apart and now deemed unsafe. The move leaves 18 employees out of work and 60 inmates transferred to other areas.
The county has hired consultants to look at the jail and find out what can be done; they will present their findings a quorum court meeting May 14. Those possibilities could include renovating the existing facility or building a new one.
Seigle has more reporting and video here.
- Social Media Reactions to Final Gubernatorial Debate
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 1 day ago
- Turner Grain Close to Filing $25M Bankruptcy 10 hours ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 day ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 1 day ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 1 day ago