Above, my quick Saturday night hit with our news partners at THV 11 about the arrest of Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner.
Here's our story from January, when Arkansas Business was the first to report that the FBI had been investigating Shoffner -- and had been for at least year by the time she appeared in December before the Joint Legislative Audit Committee. The day that January story was published, a deputy state legislative auditor confirmed to the Arkansas News Bureau that the FBI spoke to one of his employees about an audit of Shoffner's office.
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Reports: APEX Tool to Close Springdale Plant That Employs 250
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- Bruce Oakley To Give Turner Grain Money To Judge 1 day ago
- NLR Woman Pleads Guilty to $1M Payroll Fraud 8 hours ago
- Windstream Holdings COO Brent Whittington to Resign 10 hours ago
- Clinton National Airport Reveals $20M Concourse Renovation Plans 10 hours ago
- Southern Bancorp to Buy Mississippi's Smallest Bank 15 hours ago