Our news partners at THV 11 News reporting last night on the sudden closure this week of the Horizon Foods poultry plant in Pine Bluff, which is leaving 200 people out of work.
According to Max Seigle's report, Jefferson County officials are as shocked as anyone, with voters having approved in 2011 a sales tax increase for economic development efforts that included a $20,000 credit against the purchase of refrigeration equipment for the plant.
Horizon is not commenting on the closure.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Superior Industries to Close Plant in Rogers, Leave 500 Out of Work 14 hours ago
- Home BancShares Announces Purchase of Another Florida Bank 14 hours ago
- Hospitals, Medical Society At Odds Over New Legislation 3 days ago
- 15 Years Later, Murder-Suicide Fades From View (Fifth Monday) 1 decade ago
- Zilkha Biomass Announces $90M Facility, 52 Jobs in Monticello 12 hours ago