Our news partners at THV 11 News reporting last night on the sudden closure this week of the Horizon Foods poultry plant in Pine Bluff, which is leaving 200 people out of work.
According to Max Seigle's report, Jefferson County officials are as shocked as anyone, with voters having approved in 2011 a sales tax increase for economic development efforts that included a $20,000 credit against the purchase of refrigeration equipment for the plant.
Horizon is not commenting on the closure.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Too Much Spending, Giving Force Osborne Family To Auction Assets 2 years ago
- Mike Ross, Asa Hutchinson Spar over Tax Cuts, Ads in Debate 15 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Honors 'Best Places to Work' 1 day ago
- Matt Lile Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement, Agrees to 1-Year Prison Sentence 22 hours ago
- Harrison Bank Files Lawsuit Against Dennis Smiley 1 day ago