Our news partners at THV 11 News reporting last night on the sudden closure this week of the Horizon Foods poultry plant in Pine Bluff, which is leaving 200 people out of work.
According to Max Seigle's report, Jefferson County officials are as shocked as anyone, with voters having approved in 2011 a sales tax increase for economic development efforts that included a $20,000 credit against the purchase of refrigeration equipment for the plant.
Horizon is not commenting on the closure.
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Seven-Year Campaign Raises $167M 12 hours ago