Our news partners at THV 11 News reporting last night on the sudden closure this week of the Horizon Foods poultry plant in Pine Bluff, which is leaving 200 people out of work.
According to Max Seigle's report, Jefferson County officials are as shocked as anyone, with voters having approved in 2011 a sales tax increase for economic development efforts that included a $20,000 credit against the purchase of refrigeration equipment for the plant.
Horizon is not commenting on the closure.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 2 days ago
- Arkansas Baptist Gets $30M to Repay Debt, Get Back on Track 6 days ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 3 days ago