Our news partners at THV 11 News reporting last night on the sudden closure this week of the Horizon Foods poultry plant in Pine Bluff, which is leaving 200 people out of work.
According to Max Seigle's report, Jefferson County officials are as shocked as anyone, with voters having approved in 2011 a sales tax increase for economic development efforts that included a $20,000 credit against the purchase of refrigeration equipment for the plant.
Horizon is not commenting on the closure.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 4 hours ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 23 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 4 days ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 20 hours ago
- Federal Disaster Declarations Made for 10 Counties 20 hours ago