Our news partners at THV 11 News reporting last night on the sudden closure this week of the Horizon Foods poultry plant in Pine Bluff, which is leaving 200 people out of work.
According to Max Seigle's report, Jefferson County officials are as shocked as anyone, with voters having approved in 2011 a sales tax increase for economic development efforts that included a $20,000 credit against the purchase of refrigeration equipment for the plant.
Horizon is not commenting on the closure.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 8 hours ago
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago
- The Real Deficit Problem (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 4 days ago
- Simmons Foods to Close Northeast Oklahoma Poultry Plant 11 hours ago