When last we checked in with Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale, it was spending an undisclosed amount of money to buy Circle Foods LLC, which makes frozen and refrigerated handheld Mexican foods, uncooked tortillas and Indian flatbreads.
This week comes words of an $11 million expansion of a beef, chicken and pork plant in Sherman, Texas. The plant is the largest employer in Sherman, and after adding about 75 jobs through the expansion, will have 1,200 workers there.
According to local CBS affiliate KXII, Tyson is getting nearly $500,000 in incentives to expand. You can see the full report in the video above.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 2 hours ago
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Simmons Foods to Close Northeast Oklahoma Poultry Plant 5 hours ago
- #ARPX: What to Watch on Election Day (Robert Coon & Blake Rutherford On Politics) 21 hours ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago