When last we checked in with Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale, it was spending an undisclosed amount of money to buy Circle Foods LLC, which makes frozen and refrigerated handheld Mexican foods, uncooked tortillas and Indian flatbreads.
This week comes words of an $11 million expansion of a beef, chicken and pork plant in Sherman, Texas. The plant is the largest employer in Sherman, and after adding about 75 jobs through the expansion, will have 1,200 workers there.
According to local CBS affiliate KXII, Tyson is getting nearly $500,000 in incentives to expand. You can see the full report in the video above.
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post; John Selig Asked to Stay at DHS 2 days ago
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List 3 days ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 4 days ago
- Blue & You Foundation Gives $2.6M in Grants 3 days ago