When last we checked in with Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale, it was spending an undisclosed amount of money to buy Circle Foods LLC, which makes frozen and refrigerated handheld Mexican foods, uncooked tortillas and Indian flatbreads.
This week comes words of an $11 million expansion of a beef, chicken and pork plant in Sherman, Texas. The plant is the largest employer in Sherman, and after adding about 75 jobs through the expansion, will have 1,200 workers there.
According to local CBS affiliate KXII, Tyson is getting nearly $500,000 in incentives to expand. You can see the full report in the video above.
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy
- Wall Street Journal Goes Inside Tyson Foods' China Chicken Farms
- In El Dorado, Murphy to Open 1,200th Gas Station
- Cooper Clinic Sues Mercy Over Recruitment Tactics 1 week ago
- Siloam Springs Gets Downtown Jumpin' Again (Main Street Preservation | Winner, Between 5,000-20,000) 2 days ago
- Citizens Bank Puts Phil Baldwin To Work On Growth 2 days ago
- City Leads the Way in Lake Village's Main Street Rebirth (Main Street Preservation | Winner, Fewer than 5,000) 2 days ago
- In El Dorado, Murphy to Open 1,200th Gas Station 16 hours ago