Arkansas Business news partner THV 11 News had Bob Birch, regional president of Centennial Bank, on its morning show Wednesday to talk about Home BancShares Inc.'s $280 million deal for Liberty Bank of Arkansas Inc., announced yesterday. Home BancShares, of course, is the holding company for Centennial Bank.
"It really started with a friendship between Wallace Fowler and John Allison," Birch told Ashley Blackstone in the clip above. "John Allison is actually from Jonesboro -- went to school there, grew up there. So in some aspects, Mr. Allison's getting the opportunity to -- quote -- go home."
Birch reiterated that the deal is set to close in September, and that Liberty Bank customers will start seeing the changeover by the end of the year.
Also: Below, Allison and Fowler interviewed live yesterday afternoon on Jonesboro's KAIT-TV, Channel 8. It includes Allison's plans for the naming rights at Arkansas State University's football stadium, currently named for Liberty Bank.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 23 hours ago
- #ARPX: What to Watch on Election Day (Robert Coon & Blake Rutherford On Politics) 18 hours ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago
- Sweet: ‘A Pure Arkansas-Flavored Investment' for Arkansas Teachers Retirement System 3 days ago
- Simmons Foods to Close Northeast Oklahoma Poultry Plant 3 hours ago