Arkansas Business news partner THV 11 News had Bob Birch, regional president of Centennial Bank, on its morning show Wednesday to talk about Home BancShares Inc.'s $280 million deal for Liberty Bank of Arkansas Inc., announced yesterday. Home BancShares, of course, is the holding company for Centennial Bank.
"It really started with a friendship between Wallace Fowler and John Allison," Birch told Ashley Blackstone in the clip above. "John Allison is actually from Jonesboro -- went to school there, grew up there. So in some aspects, Mr. Allison's getting the opportunity to -- quote -- go home."
Birch reiterated that the deal is set to close in September, and that Liberty Bank customers will start seeing the changeover by the end of the year.
Also: Below, Allison and Fowler interviewed live yesterday afternoon on Jonesboro's KAIT-TV, Channel 8. It includes Allison's plans for the naming rights at Arkansas State University's football stadium, currently named for Liberty Bank.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 1 year ago
- Crittenden Regional Hospital Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 13 hours ago
- Update: AP Withdraws Story About Leslie Rutledge Letter 13 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Court Formalizes Settlement With Banks Over Dennis Smiley Assets 15 hours ago