Arkansas Business news partner THV 11 News had Bob Birch, regional president of Centennial Bank, on its morning show Wednesday to talk about Home BancShares Inc.'s $280 million deal for Liberty Bank of Arkansas Inc., announced yesterday. Home BancShares, of course, is the holding company for Centennial Bank.
"It really started with a friendship between Wallace Fowler and John Allison," Birch told Ashley Blackstone in the clip above. "John Allison is actually from Jonesboro -- went to school there, grew up there. So in some aspects, Mr. Allison's getting the opportunity to -- quote -- go home."
Birch reiterated that the deal is set to close in September, and that Liberty Bank customers will start seeing the changeover by the end of the year.
Also: Below, Allison and Fowler interviewed live yesterday afternoon on Jonesboro's KAIT-TV, Channel 8. It includes Allison's plans for the naming rights at Arkansas State University's football stadium, currently named for Liberty Bank.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 2 days ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 1 day ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago