Arkansas Business news partner THV 11 News had Bob Birch, regional president of Centennial Bank, on its morning show Wednesday to talk about Home BancShares Inc.'s $280 million deal for Liberty Bank of Arkansas Inc., announced yesterday. Home BancShares, of course, is the holding company for Centennial Bank.
"It really started with a friendship between Wallace Fowler and John Allison," Birch told Ashley Blackstone in the clip above. "John Allison is actually from Jonesboro -- went to school there, grew up there. So in some aspects, Mr. Allison's getting the opportunity to -- quote -- go home."
Birch reiterated that the deal is set to close in September, and that Liberty Bank customers will start seeing the changeover by the end of the year.
Also: Below, Allison and Fowler interviewed live yesterday afternoon on Jonesboro's KAIT-TV, Channel 8. It includes Allison's plans for the naming rights at Arkansas State University's football stadium, currently named for Liberty Bank.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- Recovery of Dassault Falcon Jet Benefits Arkansas 9 hours ago
- New Kanis Plaza Owner Arrives in $1.5M Sale (Real Deals) 9 hours ago
- Citizens Bank Puts Phil Baldwin To Work On Growth 9 hours ago
- Nearly $3 Million Still Sought in Rogers Bancshares Bankruptcy 9 hours ago
- Saline County Timberland Packed Into $13.5M Sale 9 hours ago