Arkansas Business news partner THV 11 News had Bob Birch, regional president of Centennial Bank, on its morning show Wednesday to talk about Home BancShares Inc.'s $280 million deal for Liberty Bank of Arkansas Inc., announced yesterday. Home BancShares, of course, is the holding company for Centennial Bank.
"It really started with a friendship between Wallace Fowler and John Allison," Birch told Ashley Blackstone in the clip above. "John Allison is actually from Jonesboro -- went to school there, grew up there. So in some aspects, Mr. Allison's getting the opportunity to -- quote -- go home."
Birch reiterated that the deal is set to close in September, and that Liberty Bank customers will start seeing the changeover by the end of the year.
Also: Below, Allison and Fowler interviewed live yesterday afternoon on Jonesboro's KAIT-TV, Channel 8. It includes Allison's plans for the naming rights at Arkansas State University's football stadium, currently named for Liberty Bank.
- This Week in Tyson: EPA Investigates; Hillshire Deal Delayed Again
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Judge Orders Turner Grain Not to Dispose of Assets 15 hours ago
- State Agriculture Officials: Money at Stake in Turner Grain Could Reach $50M 14 hours ago
- Jonesboro Sun Says Police Chief Bullied Reporter 2 days ago
- Turner Grain Officers No Longer Principals in Related Company 19 hours ago
- Newport Retailer Jamie Darling Takes to the Road In Airstream 5 days ago