On his "THV 11 News This Morning" appearance on Tuesday, Bob Birch of Home BancShares Inc. of Conway said the Home BancShares $280 million deal to buy Liberty Bank of Arkansas Inc. of Jonesboro was the "fourth-largest interstate" bank deal Arkansas has seen.
So what are the three biggest?
They're each instances of Arkansas banking companies being acquired by out-of-state holding companies:
- Regions Financial's purchase of First Commercial Corp. in 1998, $2.7 billion.
- Boatman's Bancshares Inc.'s purchase of Worthen Bank Corp. in 1995, $597 million.
- BancorpSouth's purchase of publicly traded First United Bancshares Inc. of El Dorado in 2000, $455.7 million.
Meanwhile, the Home BancShares Liberty deal is the biggest (most expensive) in-state bank deal in Arkansas history, ahead of Arvest Bank's purchase of publicly traded Superior Financial Corp. in 2003.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 1 day ago
- Report: States More Lax Than Feds on Judge Rules 16 hours ago
- NLR Nursing Home Switches Hands in a $7.04 Million Deal (Real Deals) 7 years ago
- CARTI Campus Tops Slimmer Projects List 3 days ago
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center 13 hours ago