On his "THV 11 News This Morning" appearance on Tuesday, Bob Birch of Home BancShares Inc. of Conway said the Home BancShares $280 million deal to buy Liberty Bank of Arkansas Inc. of Jonesboro was the "fourth-largest interstate" bank deal Arkansas has seen.
So what are the three biggest?
They're each instances of Arkansas banking companies being acquired by out-of-state holding companies:
- Regions Financial's purchase of First Commercial Corp. in 1998, $2.7 billion.
- Boatman's Bancshares Inc.'s purchase of Worthen Bank Corp. in 1995, $597 million.
- BancorpSouth's purchase of publicly traded First United Bancshares Inc. of El Dorado in 2000, $455.7 million.
Meanwhile, the Home BancShares Liberty deal is the biggest (most expensive) in-state bank deal in Arkansas history, ahead of Arvest Bank's purchase of publicly traded Superior Financial Corp. in 2003.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Beaudet Aviation to Land at Little Rock, Create 75 Jobs 3 hours ago
- Hanna Still Believes in Arkoma Basin's Future 3 days ago
- Mark Pryor, John Boozman Introduce Bill to Help Farmers Affected by Turner Grain 1 day ago
- Freight Brokerage Company to Open Lowell Facility 23 hours ago
- Leaders Say New School District Will Boost Businesses in Jacksonville 4 hours ago