On his "THV 11 News This Morning" appearance on Tuesday, Bob Birch of Home BancShares Inc. of Conway said the Home BancShares $280 million deal to buy Liberty Bank of Arkansas Inc. of Jonesboro was the "fourth-largest interstate" bank deal Arkansas has seen.
So what are the three biggest?
They're each instances of Arkansas banking companies being acquired by out-of-state holding companies:
- Regions Financial's purchase of First Commercial Corp. in 1998, $2.7 billion.
- Boatman's Bancshares Inc.'s purchase of Worthen Bank Corp. in 1995, $597 million.
- BancorpSouth's purchase of publicly traded First United Bancshares Inc. of El Dorado in 2000, $455.7 million.
Meanwhile, the Home BancShares Liberty deal is the biggest (most expensive) in-state bank deal in Arkansas history, ahead of Arvest Bank's purchase of publicly traded Superior Financial Corp. in 2003.
- This Week in Tyson: EPA Investigates; Hillshire Deal Delayed Again
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- 8 Farmers File Fraud Lawsuit Against Turner Grain 2 days ago
- Company Plans $900M, 440-Mile Crude Oil Pipeline Across Arkansas 15 hours ago
- Co-op Ozark Natural Foods Preps for Whole Foods Competition in Fayetteville 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Highland Pellets to Build $130M Plant in Pine Bluff 2 days ago