Permjot Valia, an international entrepreneur and angel investor, was in Arkansas last week to speak at the second-annual Arkansas Commercialization Retreat at the University of Arkansas' Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain.
The editor of our innovations website, Innovate Arkansas, was there, and caught Valia giving Arkansas startups some high praise:
“People don’t necessarily think of Arkansas, but businesses like Acumen, Movista, BlueInGreen, cycleWood, Silicon Solar Solutions and Picasolar are capable of big, billion dollar plays,” he said.
In short, Valia believes that what Arkansas might lack in volume is more than made up for in talent.
You can read Innovate Arkansas Editor Mark Carter's report on Valia's remarks right here.
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Wal-Mart Buys Yumprint of Seattle
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 8 months ago
- Arkansas Best Execs Enjoy Fruit of Profitable 2013 5 days ago
- Filing Period Highlights Arkansas Political Shift (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 12 hours ago
- Underground Tunnels Challenge Hot Springs Engineers from Past to Present 4 weeks ago
- Commission Investigates Judge Mike Maggio's Web Postings 3 days ago