Permjot Valia, an international entrepreneur and angel investor, was in Arkansas last week to speak at the second-annual Arkansas Commercialization Retreat at the University of Arkansas' Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain.
The editor of our innovations website, Innovate Arkansas, was there, and caught Valia giving Arkansas startups some high praise:
“People don’t necessarily think of Arkansas, but businesses like Acumen, Movista, BlueInGreen, cycleWood, Silicon Solar Solutions and Picasolar are capable of big, billion dollar plays,” he said.
In short, Valia believes that what Arkansas might lack in volume is more than made up for in talent.
You can read Innovate Arkansas Editor Mark Carter's report on Valia's remarks right here.
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600
- Online Advertisers Back Mark Pryor, Other Democrats
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy
- Bank Directors Predict More Mergers, Acquisitions in 2014 4 days ago
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600 3 hours ago
- Cooper Clinic Sues Mercy Over Recruitment Tactics 2 weeks ago
- Arvest Plans Consumer Sentiment Survey for Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma 3 hours ago
- CARTI to Begin Construction of $90M Treatment Facility 1 day ago