Permjot Valia, an international entrepreneur and angel investor, was in Arkansas last week to speak at the second-annual Arkansas Commercialization Retreat at the University of Arkansas' Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain.
The editor of our innovations website, Innovate Arkansas, was there, and caught Valia giving Arkansas startups some high praise:
“People don’t necessarily think of Arkansas, but businesses like Acumen, Movista, BlueInGreen, cycleWood, Silicon Solar Solutions and Picasolar are capable of big, billion dollar plays,” he said.
In short, Valia believes that what Arkansas might lack in volume is more than made up for in talent.
You can read Innovate Arkansas Editor Mark Carter's report on Valia's remarks right here.
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Metro Builders Property Weighs In at $3.8 Million (Real Deals) 9 hours ago
- Lawsuit Hits Nerve for Former Friends Fighting Over Medical Fees Earned 9 hours ago
- Scooter Stuart's Tainted Assets Draw More Fire 9 hours ago
- Greenway Picks 7 John Deere Dealerships in $112M Buy 9 hours ago
- Newly Insured 'Private Option' Arkansans Present Challenges, Opportunities 9 hours ago