Permjot Valia, an international entrepreneur and angel investor, was in Arkansas last week to speak at the second-annual Arkansas Commercialization Retreat at the University of Arkansas' Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain.
The editor of our innovations website, Innovate Arkansas, was there, and caught Valia giving Arkansas startups some high praise:
“People don’t necessarily think of Arkansas, but businesses like Acumen, Movista, BlueInGreen, cycleWood, Silicon Solar Solutions and Picasolar are capable of big, billion dollar plays,” he said.
In short, Valia believes that what Arkansas might lack in volume is more than made up for in talent.
You can read Innovate Arkansas Editor Mark Carter's report on Valia's remarks right here.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Looks to Next Generation, Plans for Future 2 days ago
- Hutchinson Details Budget for Coming Year 2 hours ago
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 22 hours ago
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 2 days ago
- Good Luck With That (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago