Permjot Valia, an international entrepreneur and angel investor, was in Arkansas last week to speak at the second-annual Arkansas Commercialization Retreat at the University of Arkansas' Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain.
The editor of our innovations website, Innovate Arkansas, was there, and caught Valia giving Arkansas startups some high praise:
“People don’t necessarily think of Arkansas, but businesses like Acumen, Movista, BlueInGreen, cycleWood, Silicon Solar Solutions and Picasolar are capable of big, billion dollar plays,” he said.
In short, Valia believes that what Arkansas might lack in volume is more than made up for in talent.
You can read Innovate Arkansas Editor Mark Carter's report on Valia's remarks right here.
- Social Media Reactions to Final Gubernatorial Debate
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 1 day ago
- Turner Grain Close to Filing $25M Bankruptcy 13 hours ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 day ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 1 day ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 1 day ago