Permjot Valia, an international entrepreneur and angel investor, was in Arkansas last week to speak at the second-annual Arkansas Commercialization Retreat at the University of Arkansas' Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain.
The editor of our innovations website, Innovate Arkansas, was there, and caught Valia giving Arkansas startups some high praise:
“People don’t necessarily think of Arkansas, but businesses like Acumen, Movista, BlueInGreen, cycleWood, Silicon Solar Solutions and Picasolar are capable of big, billion dollar plays,” he said.
In short, Valia believes that what Arkansas might lack in volume is more than made up for in talent.
You can read Innovate Arkansas Editor Mark Carter's report on Valia's remarks right here.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Maverick Transportation Opens $4M Driving Training Center 18 hours ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 2 days ago
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 1 day ago
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV 15 hours ago
- Arkansas' 75 Largest Private Companies 2 years ago